"The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

Barry Lee

Reaction score
:news: The Collider just released a photo of the Theater standee AND linked to Fandago which just released the poster. Okay seriously, yes, I can tell it's photoshopped, BUT, who would've expected Thog, Green Frackle, or this amount of Muppet's in this poster? I love this poster, there seems to also be more prominent signs of Pepe both in the poster AND standee, which is really interesting, I wonder now how much of a role he will play.

http://collider.com/the-muppets-poster-standee/105859/

My eyes, are just in shock. So. Many. Muppets.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
wow that poster pretty great...really hope it comes to the theaters

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Fandago, released the poster, so this will be the one that people will be seeing in theaters.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
looks like im calling my buddy and pulling in another favor to own that standee

terrimonster

Reaction score
It still has that Photoshop-y element to it, but somehow I don't care. I think it's just too Muppet-y not to like it.

And, ooh! Pepe!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still a lot of Photoshop in this one, a LOT of it quite obvious... but I like this one almost as much as the first one. The composition is still cluttered, but it looks like the clutter serves more of a purpose.

Still, I'd rather Jason and Amy actually interact with more of the characters than standing in front of them.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It's for sure shopped, but I think the clutter is for a purpose, as you can see some of the Muppets been stepped on and crashing to the floor representing the poster is being overcrowded, even Jason is trying to contain all the Muppets behind him. :eek:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I enjoy looking at both of theese. There are so many fun things to find in the standee, and the posted has a "Muppety chaos" vibe rather than "jumbled toy box." I imagine that instead of saying "cheese," they're singing "The lovers, the dreamers, and yooooou." Because of the way the shadows are handled, particularly behind Segal, it looks like they're lying on top of a squirming pile of Muppets rather than standing in front of them.

I want to see a higher-resolution version so I can look for all those barely visible characters. Is that Beheoth between Segal and Adams? What's that above Sam's head? And so on.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I kinda like it...seriously! Whilst the execution is poorly done (as I've previously cribbed about...ALOT), it does make me smile. I just wish it was better executed...I mean check out Animals broken arm for starters! It gets an enthusiatic "D+" from me, now bring on the movie! ! :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hmmm, not so sure about the standee though :oops: - interesting concept but...

It really looks like a BADLY comped bunch of stock images :frown: