The MuppetCast - Show #106 - The Core of Commune

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi-ho! This week I've invited another one of those podcaster types on the show. You know how sketchy they can be. :shifty: Hehe...his name is Shane Roberts and he hosts one of the more unique Disney podcasts out there, called Communicore Online. I really like Shane's work because a) it's short, sweet, and to the point, and b) it doesn't sound like the "typical" Disney podcast. Shane's a very funny guy and runs a heckuva show, so I hope you give it a listen.

Shane also joins me for a new Muppet List! I don't think we've done this segment with a fellow podcaster before. We talk about Henson moments that really scared the bejeezus out of us when we were little (and even today), and then of course get off-topic and start ranting about how things were just better when we were growing up. These kids today. :grouchy:

Lots of news and listener feedback and contributions both in the show and in the notes at MuppetCast.com! Check back in here and we'll talk about it.

Have a good one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Steve. Finished listening a little while ago. Another great show.

Something I've noticed of late in Sesame DVD's and promotional appearances... Does it seem to you they've replaced Zoe with Abby as Elmo's foil/follower in these productions?

As for your questions about the Skeksi from the Muppet List segment...
Search for SkekSo, the emperor of the Skeksis at the Wiki. They mention a special puppet made of combustible wax for filming the crumbling sequence.
Also, the one you saw down in Atlanta... That one, according to the Wiki, is SkekUng known as the Gartham Master.

Will ask RedPiggy about the mice tormenting Ludo though... Will report my findings later.
Take care and hope you're able to build that computer again... After all, you have the technology. You can make it faster, better, stronger...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't know what they're called. I've looked all over. Maybe someone who has that goblin book by Froud?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Steve, the Kermit paper thing that Max was holding in the Muppet Movie diden't have a bulls-eye on it. One question, where did you get the Ernie and Bert song that you played after the Muppet List?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wish I knew what Sesame Street vidoe that listener was referring to. I know a lot about Sesame Street videos, even ones I haven't seen. As far as I know there aren't any videos pairings Bert and Ernie with Irvine.

The closest I can think of to what was described is The Best of Ernie and Bert, where Gina and Big Bird babysit Ernie's niece Ernestine, and they look through a scrapbook of Ernie and Bert sketches.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh man, Dark Crystal. I first saw the movie a few years ago (SO glad I never saw it as a kid), and I've yet to rewatch it, it bothered me that much :stick_out_tongue: It's so disturbing!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Great feedback on this week's show guys, thanks! As for the Bert & Ernie song in the montage, it was called "Fear (When I was Little)", and was featured on the 1977 Sesame Street album "Let Your Feelings Show".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I think the only thing that had ever scarred me in The Dark Crystal was when Fizzgig first appeared. The way he just popped up and started growling very loudly. I had to fast forward past that scene for years.

And I was scarred when I first saw The Frog Prince and Sweetums just suddenly appeared out of the cave. For some reason I was also a bit scarred when he appeared in the crowd at the end.

But I've gotten over these fears.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Great feedback on this week's show guys, thanks! As for the Bert & Ernie song in the montage, it was called "Fear (When I was Little)", and was featured on the 1977 Sesame Street album "Let Your Feelings Show".
Oh. Thank you!