The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 3 - Shields and Yarnell

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 3 - Shields and Yarnell
US/New York Premiere: Thursday October 4, 1979
Disney+ Premiere: Friday February 19, 2021

Silence speaks volumes of fun as celebrated mimes Shields and Yarnell bring their signature style to The Muppet Show. And while the unusual due freaks out Scooter (who thinks they are robots!), fan-bear Fozzie is inspired to develop a mime act of his own. But how will Fozzie fare when he is subjected to the relentless heckling of Statler and Waldorf.

Watch on Disney+

Muppet Wiki Guide

Other Releases

This is the first time this episode has been commercially released or streamed since its original broadcast.

If you saw "The Muppet Show" with Shields and Yarnell on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I watched this today, and I was surprised. I was under the impression that Shields and Yarnell never talked in the episode (except maybe at the end, like the Mummenshaz did). After all, they are primarily silent in their first two dressing room scenes... So I was surprised when they talk together at the end of that second scene, and then more surprised that their other acts give them a heavy amount of dialogue.

Trying to remember if I knew the UK Spot did that effect where we see various Muppets in tiny windows, which I think were pre-recorded and superimposed in there. Some characters I wasn't expecting. I was surprised to see JP Grosse (I thought he was only in three episodes), and Leo (I knew he was in the closing number, didn't know he'd be in more... in fact at first I thought JP was Grump), and Mildred (between this and Hilda being in the closing number, somebody must have been fond of the first season during that week's taping).