The Muppet Show: Mac Davis (ATV and ITC versions)

DMHFan

Reaction score
Well, Muppet fans, as it turns out, there wasn't a shot of the Beaker clone playing the final note on the saxophone in the original ATV and ITC versions of The Muppet Show episode guest starring Mac Davis after all! Now, how do I know this? Well, Drillbit Taylor edited the Zoot's Muppet Show endings on Muppet Wiki two weeks ago and added this (grammar improved by Antsamthompson9):
  • The original ATV/ITC version of Episode 514 (which features the closing theme performed by Beaker clones) oddly ends with the usual Zoot ending shot.

Last edited:

anathema

Reaction score
Interesting...but [citation needed], I think! It seems slightly odd that they went to the trouble of recording the entire closing theme sequence with an orchestra full of Beakers, but omitted to do the final shot.

I notice that the page also has a screengrab for the end of the Dudley Moore episode. Anyone got the actual video for that?

DMHFan

Reaction score
Interesting...but [citation needed], I think! It seems slightly odd that they went to the trouble of recording the entire closing theme sequence with an orchestra full of Beakers, but omitted to do the final shot.

I notice that the page also has a screengrab for the end of the Dudley Moore episode. Anyone got the actual video for that?

You might want to ask MuppetVJ where he got the screengrab of the ITC ending logo from the original ITC version of the episode guest starring Dudley Moore from.

anathema

Reaction score
Oh, I know where the screengrab came from - I made it, years ago! It's just the last frame of the DVD with an ITC logo added to it. It's intended to be a representation of what the shot (probably) looked like.

The actual video hasn't surfaced so far as I know.

David French

Reaction score
Oh, I know where the screengrab came from - I made it, years ago! It's just the last frame of the DVD with an ITC logo added to it. It's intended to be a representation of what the shot (probably) looked like.

The actual video hasn't surfaced so far as I know.
It's been over 20 years since I last saw the episode on NZ television, however my memory is that the logo appears after the burn note is played.