"The Muppet Movie" turns 33

Hubert

Reaction score
Yaay! The Muppet Movie is by far my favorite movie. Happy 33rd Anniversary, Muppet Movie!!!!!!!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
goodness me its been that long time does fly happy anniversary to you muppet movie

RedPiggy

Reaction score
So I'm basically a year older than the Muppet Movie. :smile:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Whenever we watch The Muppet Movie together, Mrs. Otter loves to tell me how she saw it in theatres just as she wrapped up the tenth grade, and was so psyched to see the Muppets on a big screen for the very first time.

I lived in a small town that was too far away from a movie theatre, so I didn't have that opportunity, but I have loved The Muppet Movie since I first saw it (on a Canadian TV broadcast) in early 1982 and will always treasure it, for reasons far too numerous to list here.

I will say this, though: The movie has really picked me up when I've been at my lowest. I came home from a bad night at a call-centre job (getting literally screamed at by abusive customers half a continent away) and lay in bed after midnight, watching my VHS copy of The Muppet Movie. This week, my sister and her family were going through a horrible period and Mrs. Otter knew how to cheer me up at the end of it all - posting a YouTube video of Kermit's original performance of "Rainbow Connection" on my Facebook wall.

Thank you to everyone involved in this incredible film for giving generations of Muppet fans - and moviegoers in general - a movie so full of laughter, colour, heart and spirit.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Man I wasnt even born yet...pshh I was only a year old when MTM came out. But happy 33 year anniversary to TMM!!! :smile:

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie was the first movie I ever saw in theaters. My Mom took me to see it and she later told me that I never once moved or got up from my seat ( I was three years old at the time)! She said I just sat there and was mesmerized by it all. :smile: