The Mr. Men Show voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is one of my now favorite Cartoon Network shows, The Mr. Men Show, based off those popular books about funny drawn characters named after their personalities. The U.S. series features some new voice artists along with familiars like Katie Leigh who voiced Baby Rowlf on the Muppet Babies, anime voice artist Richard Epcar, comedian Godfrey, and Phil Lollar who was a voice artist and one of the creators of the Adventures in Odyssey series.

U.S. SERIES

AARON ALBERTUS: Mr. Bump, Mr. Quiet
PRUDENCE ALCOTT: Little Miss Calamity, Little Miss Magic
SUSAN BALBONI: Little Miss Scary
RICHARD EPCAR: Mr. Noisy
GODFREY: Mr. Stubborn, Mr. Tall
SAM GOLD: Mr. Bounce, Mr. Grumpy, Mr. Happy
DANNY KATIANA: Mr. Nervous, Mr. Nosy
KATIE LEIGH: Little Miss Chatterbox, Little Miss Daredevil, Little Miss Helpful
PHIL LOLLAR: Mr. Lazy, Mr. Small, Mr. Strong
PETER RIDA MICHAIL: Mr. Messy
ALICYN PACKARD: Little Miss Naughty, Little Miss Sunshine, Little Miss Whoops
SOPHIE ROBERTS: Little Miss Bossy, Little Miss Curious
JEFF STEWART: Mr. Tickle
JOSEPH J. TERRY: Mr. Persnickety/Mr. Fussy, Mr. Rude, Mr. Scatterbrain, Narrator
REBA WEST: Little Miss Giggles

The U.K. version has a different voice cast while Mr. Rude and Mr. Scatterbrain kept their original voices.

U.K. SERIES

SIMON CALLOW: Narrator
TERESA GALLAGHER: Little Miss Chatterbox, Little Miss Curious, Little Miss Daredevil, Little Miss Whoops
SIMON GREENALL: Mr. Bounce, Mr. Bump, Mr. Grumpy, Mr. Happy, Mr. Quiet, Mr. Strong
CHRIS JARVIS: Mr. Tall
STEVEN KNYMAN: Mr. Nosey
PUI FAN LEE: Little Miss Giggles, Little Miss Magic
LEWIS MacLEOD: Mr. Stubborn
ALINE MOWATT: Little Miss Calamity
ROB RACKSTRAW: Mr. Messy, Mr. Noisy, Mr. Pernickety/Mr. Fussy, Mr. Tickle
IMELDA STAUNTON: Little Miss Bossy
JOSEPH J. TERRY: Mr. Rude, Mr. Scatterbrain
TIM WHITNALL: Mr. Lazy, Mr. Nervous
KEITH WICKHAM: Mr. Small
JO WYATT: Little Miss Helpful, Little Miss Naughty, Little Miss Scary, Little Miss Sunshine

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've actually seen a few of the original UK episodes online, and I gotta say, some voices are better suited for the characters in the UK, some are better suited for the US, and they did the right thing keeping Mr. Scatter Brain and Mr. Rude's voices for both versions.

There are a couple very stark differences.

Mr. Persnickity has a slight British accent in the US version... but in the UK dub, he has a very slight German accent.

Mr. Lazy's British VA makes him sound like a burned out (Zoot style) ex-musician, which I think better suits him.

Mr. Stubborn has an odd accent in the US... something that sounds like a cross between a Gestapo German officer (like Rocky and Bullwinkle's Fearless Leader) and a Japanese monster movie dub (similar to the accent Mojo Jojo has)... where in the UK he seems to have a slight Scottish accent.

Xerus

Reaction score
I've actually seen a few of the original UK episodes online, and I gotta say, some voices are better suited for the characters in the UK, some are better suited for the US, and they did the right thing keeping Mr. Scatter Brain and Mr. Rude's voices for both versions.

There are a couple very stark differences.

Mr. Persnickity has a slight British accent in the US version... but in the UK dub, he has a very slight German accent.

Mr. Lazy's British VA makes him sound like a burned out (Zoot style) ex-musician, which I think better suits him.

Mr. Stubborn has an odd accent in the US... something that sounds like a cross between a Gestapo German officer (like Rocky and Bullwinkle's Fearless Leader) and a Japanese monster movie dub (similar to the accent Mojo Jojo has)... where in the UK he seems to have a slight Scottish accent.
Mr. Stubborn has an African accent. And I kind of think he's the scariest character on the show with his yelling and never listening to reason which gets the other characters into trouble.

Also, in the U.K. version, Mr. Persnickety was renamed Mr. Pernickety. However in season 2, Mr. Persnickety was renamed Mr. Fussy and he went from light green to dark green. Mr. Fussy was the character's original name from the books.

Miss Naughty had a Transylvanian accent in the U.S. version, but she has a British sounding teenage girl voice in the U.K. version.

Also in the U.K. version, they changed the names of certain things, like liverwurst is called liver sausage and when Mr. Grumpy ordered rice and beans in the U.S. version, he ordered bangers and mash in the U.K version.

The only problem with the U.K. version is that they cut out certain skits and songs making each episode a few minutes shorter than the U.S. version.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mr. Stubborn has an African accent. And I kind of think he's the scariest character on the show with his yelling and never listening to reason which gets the other characters into trouble.
The funny thing is, if you read the book Little Miss Stubborn (they changed the gender of the character for the show, as they did with Little Miss Scatterbrain), she acts quite similar and gets herself into trouble... going as far as taking the wrong bus, determined it was the right one, leading her to Coldland (Home of Mr. Sneeze)

Also, in the U.K. version, Mr. Persnickety was renamed Mr. Pernickety. However in season 2, Mr. Persnickety was renamed Mr. Fussy and he went from light green to dark green. Mr. Fussy was the character's original name from the books.
That was pretty confusing that they'd change a character's name from the book version to something else back to the book version.

That said, here's another confusing fact... Mr. Nervous has his American book name in both US and UK versions of the show, since his original UK name was Mr. Jelly... given his redesign, the name wouldn't have made any sense.

I'd also like to add that the original version of Mr. Grumpy (seen in this video based off the book) was MUCH nastier, shouting and even going as far as physically injuring Mr. Happy (stomping on his toe, specifically). Here he seems more like a grouchy old man, barely tolerating the attitudes and actions of the others. I think I like this version a bit better... there was a skit with Mr. Scatterbrain as a waiter that was quite Grover-esque.

The only problem with the U.K. version is that they cut out certain skits and songs making each episode a few minutes shorter than the U.S. version.
I noticed that on one episode I watched both versions of. Funny, since it was the exact opposite for The Muppet Show. But I'm thinking the UK version of the Mr. Men Show is actually broadcast as a 15 minute (with commercials). At least that's the impression i got.

Over all, I'm loving the series, not just for the show itself, but for the general interest it's drummed up back in the characters. I've been reading these books since I was 3, but I haven't seen any real merchandising in the US until right now. Surely, I'd never seen any of this UK stuff around here. And the funny thing is this is the fourth Mr. men series (the first 2 were based almost exactly on the Mr. men and Little Miss books), the second to be broadcast on the US (which we had redubbed by Canadian voice actors, with odd live action segments to fill out the half hour), and the first one to be made specifically for the US market.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I noticed that on one episode I watched both versions of. Funny, since it was the exact opposite for The Muppet Show. But I'm thinking the UK version of the Mr. Men Show is actually broadcast as a 15 minute (with commercials). At least that's the impression i got.

Actually here each episode is about 5 mins long or less.:smirk:

Xerus

Reaction score
I'd also like to add that the original version of Mr. Grumpy (seen in this video based off the book) was MUCH nastier, shouting and even going as far as physically injuring Mr. Happy (stomping on his toe, specifically). Here he seems more like a grouchy old man, barely tolerating the attitudes and actions of the others. I think I like this version a bit better... there was a skit with Mr. Scatterbrain as a waiter that was quite Grover-esque.
Wow, Mr. Grump stomping on Mr. Happy's foot? And how about that Mr. Tickle surprise tickling Mr. Grumpy. In the U.S. show, Mr. Grumpy's always threatening to tear off Mr. Tickle's arms.

Yes, some of the characters made some color and body shape changes for the U.S.series. Mr. Nosy originally had a long nose, but they shortened it in the TV series.

Plus Miss Helpful, Miss Daredevil, and Miss Calamity weren't book characters. They were made just for the TV show.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Wow, Mr. Grump stomping on Mr. Happy's foot? And how about that Mr. Tickle surprise tickling Mr. Grumpy. In the U.S. show, Mr. Grumpy's always threatening to tear off Mr. Tickle's arms.

Yes, some of the characters made some color and body shape changes for the U.S.series. Mr. Nosy originally had a long nose, but they shortened it in the TV series.

Plus Miss Helpful, Miss Daredevil, and Miss Calamity weren't book characters. They were made just for the TV show.
I knew about Miss Daredevil (more obvious) but not the others.:search:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Little Miss Daredevil is the only one out of that trio that is TV specific created. Miss Helpful has her own book, I have that one. And in the reprint of the Little Miss books, you get a back cover with a much more expanded cast of Little Misses where I believe Miss Calamity appeared.

I've liked this show ever since it began alongside George of the Jungle and Chopsuki Chucks. I'm somewhat surprised that Miss Bossy's part of the cast, as I've not seen her ever and thought they substituted/confused Miss Scary for her instead. Another thing I like are the accents helping identify some characters: Mr. Rude, French; Mr. Bounce, Indian; Miss Magic, Scottish; Miss Calamity, Jewish; etc. Mr. Lazy's voice seems right to me in the US version, it's almost a Lorenzo Music Garfieldian voice—almost. As the show has evolved, I prefer the later episodes without the song/dance number in between sketches, the majority just didn't work for me.

Thanks for posting this X-Man. Take care buddy. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually... Little Miss Daredevil is the only one out of that trio that is TV specific created.
Unless you count the fact that 2 of the characters (Mr. Scatterbrain and Mr. Stubborn) were made out of existing girl characters.

I'm somewhat surprised that Miss Bossy's part of the cast, as I've not seen her ever and thought they substituted/confused Miss Scary for her instead.
The season 2 characters (from clips I've seen) barely appear... Miss Bossy and Miss Giggles are about the only characters I've seen really talk. Mr. Funny doesn't talk, as he's been based off of Harpo Marx or Clarabelle Clown. But I still have yet to hear Mr. Tall. Miss Bossy appeared a couple times... she did not replace Miss Scary at all. In fact, I think I've seen more of the major characters than anyone else in season 2 clips. If I remember, one clip I saw was about Miss Bossy having an arts and crafts came and shouting about how everyone was doing stuff wrong, and ordering them around. Mr. Bump builds a large statue of her out of Popsicle sticks, and crashes right into it.

Apparently she doesn't have her bossy boots. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Remember that I was addressing the trio of Little Miss Helpful, Daredevil, and Calamity. But yes, I know about Mr. Scatterbrain and Stubborn as I had this conversation with fellow forum member ZootyCutie when the show was set to debut.
Oh, and Mr. Tall appears in the episode on vacations, specifically, the one where Fussy, Messy and Strong book rooms at Mr. Small's mountain retreat and end up having to share the only room available during the day where Mr. Fussy keeps making things worse.