The last two busts have been revealed.

WiGgY

Reaction score
OH WOW!!!!

Dr. Teeth, Animal, and Piggy look great in that picture. I am dissappointed that they went with the yellow piggy hair though. I was hoping that the new blond Palisades is using would have crossed over, but it still looks good.

I think Dr, Teeth is WAY better then the figure from Palisades because it's so much like the puppet. It really looks as if Dr. Teeth is right there, excpet for the cuffs being he wrong color.

Animal looks cool as well and very life like, but I think I like the Mega Animal figure just the same.

Piggy, looks great from what I can see. She looks very much like one of the puppets, except for that yellow hair. Again, too bad that Palisades blond didn't make it over to the busts from Side Show.

Crazy Harry, awesome! The last 4 really are great. I might actually considering buying all of these.

Question though. You say this is it, but where is Floyd? How could they leave him out?

matleo

Reaction score
Unfortunatly for some daft reason, Sideshow decided not to produce one. even when they first announced the busts last year, we all noticed that Floyd's name was conveniently left off the list. Someone (I think Frogboy or Warrick) e-mailed Sideshow and asked" Wha' ha-ppend????" and Sideshow said they had 'no plans for releasing a Floyd bust at this time". I have no idea why.

Ok, no here is where it gets freakier. Just after the '02 ToyFare, Sideshow put up a pic of their Miss Piggy bust, er sculpt. (this is also the same time we all saw the first Palisades pics of S1) EVERYONE said that the Sideshow bust, er sculpt was perfect. it looked exactly like the puppet. no chnages needed to be made. within 2-3 days, the pic was GONE!!!!! and if you weren't lucky enough to see it....
:sympathy: So now we come to this and .....my, GOD!!! THAT!!!! that thing is hideous!!! Horrid!!! terrible!!! it deosn't even look like Piggy. I agree Wiggy, I would think that Palisades results with the PIS Piggy would have turned the tables but.....OMG!!!! however, this is still justa prototype and maybe (if we're lucky) they'll change it back to the coloring they used on the orginal prototype pic we saw last year.

As for Dr. teeth and Animal...eh, they lok alright. i'll have ot see them close-up or pics of them closeup before I can judge them tho.

--Matt

WiGgY

Reaction score
I remember that Piggy pic. I saw it a while ago, but I can't remember who showed it to me. It looked pretty good and had real blond hair. But I like the one they have there now, at least from afar. Close ups would be nice.

Dr. Teeth doesn't look eh to me though. He's looking very puppety to me. Hope that holds up on a close up.

No Floyd is really stupid though. They did the entire electric Mayhem, but no Floyd? That leaves every collection incomplete! I'm sure Lew or Harry ould have been dropped for Floyd. Actually, I think Link should have been dropped for Floyd. The sculpt sucks anyway and there is no Strangepork. No Floyd is very dissappointing and I think it's a big mistake they made.

Too bad some of these busts don't look so good. I mean, Fzzie sucks too and Zoot isn't so great either. But most look good.

matleo

Reaction score
yeah, the only one so far, I've REALLY been happy with is Rowlf. Sam, Beau, and Bunsen aren't bad. The others I don't care much for. I'm eager to see a close-up of Dr. Teeth. I 'might' actually get him. I keep thiking of getting Rowlf too. I might still get him too.

--Matt

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah Dr Teeth looks great!!!!

i've only got my Rowlf, and I'm happy with him,I'm not getting anymore but they making a mistake if they don't make Floyd, Link would have been the perfect choice to chop and put Floyd in....seeing as that's not happening another set should be made inculding sgt Floyd Pepper, Dr. Julius T Strangpork, Robin frog, and Sweetums. a Camllia, and Muppet News Man would be nice too! To me that would be a complete set!

Zack)Rowlf the, I'm leaving out Rizzo cause he's not the same rizzo he is today....hmm i guess a lot of the muppets are, but well, i'm leaving out rizzo anyways.Dog

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it was me, I would've dropped Crazy Harry for Floyd. Harry is a very minor character.

There is a possibility that Sideshow might make four more busts something like Floyd, Robin, Sweetums and Rizzo. This hasn't been officially decided to my knowledge though.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes, I can see where you are coming from....of course i could see either being taken out for Floyd......of course, that's probably just me!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've been really pleased with Rowlf, Sam and Gonzo. The rest are just okay.

What in the world did they do to Piggy? What's with the Tweety Bird yellow hair? Maybe it was a Henson instruction. Who knows? Either way it is a terrible choice. The first bust was excellent. This one looks pretty darn awful. There was some issue with the original hairstyle, but not the color. It was perfect. I'm glad they changed the glove color to purple. Click Here for original. :mad:

Is Animal missing an arm? He looks pretty good otherwise. Just don't like amputated arms. Seems kind of lazy. :halo:

Dr Teeth looks impressive. Can't tell how they're doing the glasses. If they're transparent.

I just don't understand how they could skip Floyd. It’s safe to say the brass at Weta isn't up on their Muppet knowledge, nor do they want help from fans. I emailed them a very nice letter a year or so ago and inquired about Floyd. It took a while to get this rather unfriendly response. They aint Palisades. Nonetheless, you'd think they'd publicly address the issue, but I guess they are only interested in our money. They've never answered any subsequent email from me. I suppose they don't like questions. I'm down for the whole series, but not very pleased with the treatment. Their newsletters don't have much Muppet info in them either. Maybe they aren't happy with the line. :sing:

I have little faith they will correct Fozzie. Who knows if we'll get a Floyd? Seems doubtful to me because there's not much interest in the busts by fans on the forum. I guess it has to do with the expense, but I'd sell an organ on Ebay to get my hands on these puppies! :embarrassed:

I wonder if they're still doing those figurine poses they announced? Not sure if I would invest in those. I already have a set of very nice reasonably priced articulated figures from a company that goes out of its way to value every consumer. :wink:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Looks like Animal has a nub. Did he chew his arm off? The others look great!