The Jazzy Spies/Bert & Ernie transition

PiLfan

Reaction score
Hey, let me see if I got this right or not.

Anyone remember that old counting cartoon with the racing cars (some call it the 'jazzy spies' series, because the cartoon always ended with these 10 spies in trenchcoats, and a lady singing 1-2-3-4-5-6...10)?

well, i seems to remember that there was this one time (and one time only) where, as the cartoon ended with the spies and the lady singing '1-2-3-4...10', the scene suddenly appeared on a TV that Ernie was watching in his room....and Ernie repeated what the lady was singing: "1-2-3-4-5-6-7...10", which of course segwayed into a Birt and Ernie skit of some kind (sorry, i have no memory of what the skit was about).

my question is...does anyone else remember this?...and what the Birt/Ernie skit was about that followed the jazzy spies cartoon?....one word of caution, I THINK it was a Birt/Ernie skit that followed the cartoon, but i could be wrong and it might have been some other muppets (maybe it was Lefty, the shifty street corner salesman).

Katzi428

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
Hey, let me see if I got this right or not.

Anyone remember that old counting cartoon with the racing cars (some call it the 'jazzy spies' series, because the cartoon always ended with these 10 spies in trenchcoats, and a lady singing 1-2-3-4-5-6...10)?

well, i seems to remember that there was this one time (and one time only) where, as the cartoon ended with the spies and the lady singing '1-2-3-4...10', the scene suddenly appeared on a TV that Ernie was watching in his room....and Ernie repeated what the lady was singing: "1-2-3-4-5-6-7...10", which of course segwayed into a Birt and Ernie skit of some kind (sorry, i have no memory of what the skit was about).

my question is...does anyone else remember this?...and what the Birt/Ernie skit was about that followed the jazzy spies cartoon?....one word of caution, I THINK it was a Birt/Ernie skit that followed the cartoon, but i could be wrong and it might have been some other muppets (maybe it was Lefty, the shifty street corner salesman).
It was Ernie & Bert.Ernie asked Bert to play a number game with him & Bert said he would. So Ernie said that he'd say "I 1 the sandbox" and then Bert would say "I 2 the sandbox" and so on.Well when Bert got up to "I 8 the sandbox." Ernie said,"You ate(8) the sandbox Bert?" then laughed & said "How'd it taste?" :smile:

PiLfan

Reaction score
Ahh...so it 'twas.

Thanks a bunch for the refresher....I believe I remember it now (the 'I 8 the sandbox' skit)...though for some reason i never tied that one together with the jazzy spies toon.

oh well, another of life's little mysteries solved... :excited:

Soul H

Reaction score
Another reason they was fused together was since the cartoon and the Ernie and Bert sketch both required something about the number 8. Or something like that.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I remember seeing those segments. And BTW, the surge did happen more than once.

Censored

Reaction score
It happened another time with a cartoon about a little girl being kissed by a monster and saying "BLECH"!