The Incredible Hulk - Who's Seen It Yet?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Went to see The Incredible Hulk today in a brand new theater in my home state (IMAX included, can you believe it? :smile:), and I enjoyed the film just as much as I enjoyed our new theater. Haha.

Seriously, this one was a thousand times better than Ang Lee's film (which had its moments, but the Hulk looked too much like Shrek). Edward Norton was perfect casting for Bruce Banner, due to his normal, lanky physique and history in playing characters with troubled alter egos. The villain was even a great choice--The Abomination--because of the way he overmatched Hulk in strength (and Tim Roth did great as Emil Blonsky, even if the origin did seem to stray from the comics a little to suit Roth's real-life British accent).

I know right now that it won't make as much as Iron Man did last month, but it definitely did something that we hoped Ang Lee's film would do in 2003, and that's give us a real monster of a superhero.:wink:

EDIT: Did anyone catch that cameo by Grover from Sesame Street? The MARVELOUS Muppets is going global, people! It's happening! :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really want to see this movie and it does looks better then Ang Lee's interpretation of the film!

But Grover is already know all over the globe. He is "Global Grover" after all so he gets around.:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'll see it this week. Apparently a cameo was cut from the final film. Is this true? Let's just say a hinted at character in Iron Man (an artifact of his was on Tony's work table) was supposed to actually appear and give Bruce some much needed advice in the Incredible Hulk. Reports are that it will only be in the DVD version now.

It's good to hear positive reviews. I liked Ang's Lee's Hulk okay. It had its moments, but it didn't seem like he grasped the actual Hulk character. It was more of a Hulk-like character and ultimately was part of its downfall. Must have enough fan approval to get the green (pun intended). :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'll see it this week. Apparently a cameo was cut from the final film. Is this true? Let's just say a hinted at character in Iron Man (an artifact of his was on Tony's work table) was supposed to actually appear and give Bruce some much needed advice in the Incredible Hulk. Reports are that it will only be in the DVD version now.
Sheesh...it was even used in a TV spot advertisment...is it cut from the movie now? I'm a bit dissapointed to hear that it's been cut into move of an action movie than a "character" movie...

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Tony Stark cameo IS in the film. It hasn't been cut, because I watched it with a lot of other people in the audience yesterday. Haha. :wink:

You don't have to stay after the credits to see it either. It comes right after Banner's eyes turn green one last time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Tony Stark cameo IS in the film. It hasn't been cut, because I watched it with a lot of other people in the audience yesterday. Haha. :wink:

You don't have to stay after the credits to see it either. It comes right after Banner's eyes turn green one last time.
It's not the Tony Stark cameo that my post referenced:
"Apparently a cameo was cut from the final film. ... Let's just say a hinted at character in Iron Man (an artifact of his was on Tony's work table) was supposed to actually appear and give Bruce some much needed advice in the Incredible Hulk. Reports are that it will only be in the DVD version now."

I just don't want to give away the character as several other articles have already. I knew Downey was to be in it. I guess this other character is not.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hulk Cameo Update-

The much talked about (in fan communities) Captain America cameo is not featured in the final cut of the Incredible Hulk film. Apparently there is much truth to the squabbles among Edward Norton, director Louis Leterrier and Marvel.

Here's the skinny: Norton, being a longtime Hulk fan, penned much of the script yet received no screenwriting credit. There are many "official" and non-official reasons given for it. However he is responsible for a lot of the film's story. Marvel wanted to gut the film and shape it into a fast, lean popcorn movie. Apparently there's actually a better longer cut.

There's a medium-length cut that was to be some sort of compromise that Leterrier approved. He went on record that the behind the scenes fighting was blown out of proportion and that he was so pleased with his final cut there would be no "director’s cut" DVD version. The many minutes of spectacular extra footage would be included in the home video release with his blessing, but it would not be edited into the film. However - he boasted his cut included a Captain America cameo that the theatrical film does not have. This causes me to believe that there were many shake-ups in post-production.

The cut scene:
Bruce heads to the “Arctic Circle in a Frankenstein-esque trek to kill himself” but meets Captain America/Steve Rogers there instead and is convinced otherwise. This was a brief but dark scene that Marvel felt they had to cut against the director's wishes.

EDIT: The Iron Man scene I referenced had to do with this shot of Tony Stark's work desk. Yes, that is Captain America's shield in the left hand corner.

I hope to see the film this week. Even with the cuts I hear it's a good A- or B+ picture.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I liked Ang's Lee's Hulk okay. It had its moments, but it didn't seem like he grasped the actual Hulk character. It was more of a Hulk-like character and ultimately was part of its downfall.
What's with the scene in that one where he is fighting off "Hulk poodles" in the forest or something?:zany: :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hulk poodles! That was funny. Actually the best scene in the film happened right before that when he's hiding behind the tree. It was a very sweet scene. Ang Lee just didn't have enough grasp on the Hulk character and exaggerated the wrong parts and altered too much about his story. Tim Burton did a lot of that in his Batman films, but he was able to temper more upbeat moments and draw in larger crowds. Hulk poodles just don't do that. He he.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The much talked about (in fan communities) Captain America cameo is not featured in the final cut of the Incredible Hulk film. Apparently there is much truth to the squabbles among Edward Norton, director Louis Leterrier and Marvel.

Here's the skinny: Norton, being a longtime Hulk fan, penned much of the script yet received no screenwriting credit. There are many "official" and non-official reasons given for it. However he is responsible for a lot of the film's story. Marvel wanted to gut the film and shape it into a fast, lean popcorn movie. Apparently there's actually a better longer cut.

There's a medium-length cut that was to be some sort of compromise that Leterrier approved. He went on record that the behind the scenes fighting was blown out of proportion and that he was so pleased with his final cut there would be no "director’s cut" DVD version. The many minutes of spectacular extra footage would be included in the home video release with his blessing, but it would not be edited into the film. However - he boasted his cut included a Captain America cameo that the theatrical film does not have. This causes me to believe that there were many shake-ups in post-production.

The cut scene:
Bruce heads to the “Arctic Circle in a Frankenstein-esque trek to kill himself” but meets Captain America/Steve Rogers there instead and is convinced otherwise. This was a brief but dark scene that Marvel felt they had to cut against the director's wishes.

EDIT: The Iron Man scene I referenced had to do with this shot of Tony Stark's work desk. Yes, that is Captain America's shield in the left hand corner.

I hope to see the film this week. Even with the cuts I hear it's a good A- or B+ picture.
Wow. I've never read anything about this before I went to see the film. This put it in a completely different perspective, especially when I've already seen it.

So Cap made a slight appearance in Iron Man? And he was supposed to appear in The Incredible Hulk, but the scene got cut? That's amazing news!

I read that scene where Banner attempted to commit suicide in the novelization, but I figured it would get cut on account of it being too dark for a PG-13 film. But knowing the fact that Steve Rogers was supposed to appear in that scene was something that totally contradicts what the scene was like in the novel (because there was no sign of Steve or Captain America in it).

Now I really can't wait for the DVD to come out later this year. I haven't look forward to seeing a special deleted scene like that since Revenge of the Sith and that deleted scene with Yoda landing on Dagobah.:excited: