The Good News Thread

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of seeing so much negativity in the news about the world we live in. Yes these are tough times, but there has to be good news in the world to share. So that is the purpose of this thread.

Some rules - if you are going to post in this thread you must be positive - I don't want any pessamism or glass half empty vibes. The point of this thread is to be uplifting.

You can post links to the stories you find and want to share if you'd like.

Or you can share good news happening in your own personal life if you wish.

So here's my good news story of the day:

I don't have a link, but here in Minnesota a girl who was almost on the brink of death after eating ecoli tainted meat has just been released in the hospital after a whole year. She was in a coma for a large portion of that time, but came out of it. She may never walk again, but is determined to live her life to the fullest as she's been given a second chance. It's pretty incredible, she gave an interview on a local news channel earlier this week and I was just blown away by it.

There you have it. Anyone else want to play? Please, please, only good things in this thread, if I see negativity I'll sick a mod on you. Let's play nice. :smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Ooh, I am SO loving this thread! *goes to find stories*

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks Beth and what a great idea! I thought the story you had was very inspiring and very touching and uplifting. Glad to here she is okay!:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
A wonderful idea indeed Beth. :big_grin:

Well I'm very happy because tomorrow afternoon at 2pm I'm going on a mystery car rally culminating with a barbecue at the home of the couple who are organizing it. :excited:

Just one thing. If perchance we post about future positive things that unfortunately don't work out the way we had hoped what happens then? Are we allowed to say things didn't go our way as long as we look on the bright side and search for new avenues of enjoyment?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I saw that story yesterday too William. I found that website Happynews.com, I thought it was kind of neat!

And yes Marty, it's ok to post about things that don't work out as long as we keep things positive.

It's all about making lemons into lemonade and finding the good in humanity. Because I believe that there is good in humanity amidst all this horrible stuff going on in the world!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And yes Marty, it's ok to post about things that don't work out as long as we keep things positive.
Thank you Beth. Thank you also for your well wishes William.
I'm very happy to be able to say the car rally and the barbecue were both wonderful successes. :smile: Everybody had a fabulous time. The scenery during the drive was beautiful :flirt:and the food was delicious.:insatiable:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Glad to hear everything welt well Marty and that you enjoyed it too.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank William. :smile:

And I know that I'm double-dipping since I already announced this in my own Exciting News thread, but I thought this would be very appropriate to say here.
I have a baby nephew now. Alexander Robert little brother for my niece Vanessa Anne. :big_grin: