The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My school cafeterias also seemed to always overcook the pizza: they'd always be brown and crunchy.

And the chicken patty sandwiches were disgusting.

In middle school, we had more choices: in addition to the two main selections, there were also pre-packaged lunches you could get, either a salad, or a hoagie that came with a small bag of Fritos and I think an apple . . . the latter of which, for some reason, lead to something of a fad in our cafeteria with I was in Grade 8: kids would put the Fritos on their sandwiches. Never got that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually never had a bad cafeteria chicken patty..... sure, it is a bit more on the chewy side but they were still quite satisfying for me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In regards to pizza, my learning disabled school actually made some decent pizza. But at the same time I always made sure I could get a slice where the cheese was more darkened and there was crust at the end..... sometimes I wasn’t always lucky so I just toughed it out.

The main issue though is the fact that the cheese in the middle barely gets anything, so it’s melted but it still has a very white uncooked look to it.

But dear god, my elementary school cafeteria had the WORST pizza! I could barely scarf it down without having the urge to gag.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When it comes to the cheese on pizza, the brownest I'll eat it is if it's a golden brown . . . but once it starts getting more like a Baby Bear brown or darker, then no thanks.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually like my pizza having those dark brown spots if that’s what you mean.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just talking about the overall appearance of the cheese on the entire pizza.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually love it this way cause of the nice flavor it has. But to each his own on that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mom is actually the same way about burnt popcorn. 🤮

On another note, I myself actually don't mind popcorn that's actually aged a day or two after it was popped fresh . . . has an interesting, albeit chewy texture.

I also like underdone Jell-O. What I mean by that is when the Jell-O hasn't been sitting in the fridge for its entire suggested hardening time, because I find when Jell-O is still a little soft, it retains a lot more of its flavor; it seems like the harder/firmer Jell-O is, the more flavor is lost.