The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
"This steak is SO RARE that when I cut into it, f***ing milk came out!"
"The sauce that you put on the wings is too f***ing hot! Dare I say it, they're hotter than Kate Upton vacationing in Rio on July 4th!"
"This duck is RAW! I can still hear it telling Goofy and Mickey to p*** off!"

Do I have a future in writing insults in the style of Gordon Ramsey? (Right and wrong answers allowed.)
If Gordon Ramsey can’t use them, Robert Irvine can.
He’s one guy you don’t want to pee off. He can easily beat you up, and when he’s really mad, this vein sticks out of the side of his neck. Like he’s turning into the Hulk.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Since I’ve gone through some of my drinking habits, I might as well finish the job.

After beer and wine comes the hard stuff.
This list is limited to two.
Whiskey and gin.
Never cared for vodka, never tried Everclear (that will knock you out of your tree),
Gin and tonics, and the occasional shot of Jack.
Never could afford Winchester’s cognac.

One thing I did enjoy, if I went out to dinner, instead of ordering dessert, like some form of chocolate brownie cake so many places offer, I’d get a cup of coffee with a shot of licquer.
Kahlua, Sambucca, Frangelica, Gran Marnier, Siuthern Comfort, and my favorite, Amaretto.

There’s one other very fine spirit. It’s called DOM Benedictine. Originally made by Benedictine monks in France. Thirty herbs and spices (more than Colonel Sanders). roots, flowers, but the end product is incredibly smooth. Very subtle honey taste. This is something to be savored, you don’t get smashed on it.

The company also makes a recipe called B&B (Benedictine and Brandy), but I think the brandy kills the taste.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm having spaghetti for lunch again later on today, and Burger King tomorrow.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I’m not gonna lie, when it comes to the cheesey bread from dominos, I actually prefer just eating it like a sandwich instead of peeling them apart as bread sticks.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember in college the breadsticks used to be better.
Domino’s big mascot in the 80s was called The Noid. This little red guy whose mission in life was for your pizza to arrive cold and stale.
So Domino’s campaign was you’ll get your pizza in 15 minutes or less or it’s free. But then there were too many accidents rushing to beat the time.
But Domino’s boxes used to say “Avoid The Noid!”
Will Vinton did the Claymation ads, at the same times as the California Raisins.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently we're coming upon National Pasta Week, so I won't lie . . . pasta is perhaps my biggest weakness ever, and it probably one of the reasons why Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants, because they've got such an amazing selection of pasta, including the build-your-own option where you pick the noodles, sauce, and toppings you want - I used to get tri-color penne (which I really miss), alfredo sauce, and usually either chicken or shrimp.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Tomorrow I’m having friends over for dinner. I’m making sausage and peppers over angel hair.
I’m not an alfredo fan, but if it gives you pleasure, that’s great.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m actually a big alfredo sauce guy lol (but I have had cheap alfredo as well).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, alfredo sauce is one of those things that tastes great in a restaurant, but the store brands are terrible - even Ragu.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’d actually have to disagree. This alfredo brand is pretty satisfying: