The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I cook with onions constantly, and the idea is to cut them small.
I use red onions only on salads, but I go through yellow onions like they’re going out of style. Vidalias are my favorite.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Nah . . . again, carbonation does not agree with me. :smirk:

Although, I remember reading on series writer Ken Levine's blog that in spite of how much the personnel of the 4077th complained about the food, their food actually came from the studio commissary, and was actually really good. That, and remember how Hawkeye always sniffed his food before he ate it? That was an actual real-life habit/tic Alan Alda had they worked into the Hawkeye character.
Quite often in the mess hall, if you look closely, they serve a lot of potato chips.
That gives Igor more time to bartend at the officer’s club.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Going back on the subject of Chinese food - in the end, I’ll eat it if I’m hanging out with friends and we decide to go to one or order it for delivery, but otherwise it’s not something I’d go out of my way to order for myself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. Domino's desperation continues to grow that they're now basically bribing customers with free movies when they order their crappy food.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Funny thing is I was planning on ordering a pizza from them once Biden comes into office (by paying directly in the store instead of online). That’s very interesting.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know in most of the country, for good pizza you have to rely on the chains. Unless you’re from New York or Chicago.
Around here, any local mom and pop place would put any chain to shame.
And as Will Ferrell points out in Elf, and this is true.

in Manhattan, there are a million pizza places called Ray’s. It started with one
Then someone opened a store called Famous Ray’s.
Then came a place called Original Famous Ray’s.
Now there is literally a Ray’s on every block, all claiming to be the original.

To distinguish from the rest, one is called Not Famous Ray’s.

I’ve been to five different ones. It’s confusing to know where THE original Ray’s is, but I never found a bad one.

There is also a chain called 99Cent Slices, because, surprise, slices are 99 cents.

Still, the best pizza I found is Lombardi’s. The first pizzeria in America, still going since 1905.
But here, they only sell whole pies. No slices.

But if you love pizza, New York has you covered. You can’t walk three feet without bumping into one.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dominos really isn’t that bad in all honesty. Unfortunately locations can also be a down factor as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, as long as we keep George Costanza out of the thread, I think we're good.