The Duncanville Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to FOX's latest adult animated comedy, Duncanville. Created by the amazingly talented and hilarious Amy Poehler, the series revolves around a teenage boy named Duncan living at home with his parents and two sisters. He goes through the average struggles of a teenage boy such as online shaming, high school crushes, and having awkward sex dreams.

My personal favorite character is his little sister Jing. She is just so cute! Pretty much everything she says and does makes me laugh.

The style of humor used on the show is a weird mixture of things. Most of it is realistic, relatable humor combined with pop culture references (mostly from the 80s) but it also has a bit of a dark side to it as well. Episodes have featured such things as a tiger brutally mauling a person, an entire episode making fun of The Salem Witch Trials, and a character taking their grandma to a play centered around the Vietnam War because it would "bring back pleasant memories for her". These occasional dark moments somehow manage to feel clever and not mean spirited at all, they never delve into anything too ridiculously offensive.

I just love everything about Duncanville as it's one of those rare adult cartoons that actually feels mature and not just edgy for the sake of being edgy. The characters aren't mean to each other, there's none of that obnoxious toilet humor that other similar shows use, and they don't make fun of divisive subject matter like politics, religion, and race.

How do my fellow Muppet Central Forum users feel about this show? Do you like it? Hate it? Indifferent? Please discuss Duncanville down below! :smile:.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Aw, heck yeah! I watched this show every Sunday night. Thanks to the pandemic, I got to stay up late on what would’ve been a school night. And I really liked it. I don’t remember any of the episodes you talked about, since I started at episode 5 (where the family gets a new fridge that turns out to be evil). But I really liked that one, and found it relatable when the fridge tortured them with “Baby Shark”.

My sister used to like it, but towards the end, she started leaving after the Simpsons ended. Sometimes, though, she imitates Jing from that one episode where she forced Duncan to “marry” her. It really drives me insane.

Also, the main character (and by extension his family)’s last name is Harris. Which is also my last name. I found that really cool.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Not a fan of bumping dead threads, but I heard and wanted to share that season 2 will finally be airing over the summer, and a 3rd season has been confirmed.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Duncanville is a great series and I'm glad it's returning for season 2 and 3. It has a nice mix of grounded old Simpsons humor and outlandish Family Guy-style gags. The fridge episode in particular was very fun to watch.