The Don Music Appreciation Thread

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I love Don Music.

He's funny, and he rocks.

Carry on.

Splurge

Reaction score
The great thing about Don Music is that you can apply his bit to almost any song, even in popular culture.

Here's one:
"You're so vain.... you think this song is about.....

you think this song is about.....

er..er.. this song is about....

Oh, I'll never get it! What is this song about anyway? I'll never get it, never!!!!! *BONG*"

I think I may have opened a can of worms here. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Splurge
The great thing about Don Music is that you can apply his bit to almost any song, even in popular culture.

Here's one:
"You're so vain.... you think this song is about.....

you think this song is about.....

er..er.. this song is about....

Oh, I'll never get it! What is this song about anyway? I'll never get it, never!!!!! *BONG*"

SIIIGGGHHH!! I wish Henson picked up the Character once Sesame Dropped it...

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Hmmm Don Music he is........... what I mean he are....no was that not the guy that........Never mind I don't know anything about him :confused:

I'll just watch and learn as I usally do when it comes to SS characters

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
How often was Don Music around?

I seem to have hazy memories of him appearing often on the Street in the late 70's but not so much in the 80's. Of course, I started going to school at that time but I think that might have been when the started phasing him out.

Anyway, it's amazing that he had such an impact in our collective conciousness. Richard Hunt created a great corrected with a great hook.

I used walk around to the piano, play some briefly, shout "I'll never get it right" and very carefully hit my head on the keys (I didn't want to hurt myself) and then walk away.

Great bit, that.

Scott

dcfboss

Reaction score
i wasn't born till '83 and there are just certain things from your childhood that you remember, but you can't really remember. in don music's case, i knew exactly who he was .. but i only recognized who he was from the SS Unpaved book ... then it all came back to me .. the head banging on the piano .. but growing up in the 80's i can definitley remember him coming up and getting all down on himself.

it just goes to show how much of an influence watching shows like sesame street and mr rogers neighborhood is to young kids and how they carry it with them for the rest of their lifes .... i mean the rest of their livees ... i mean ... oh man i can't seem to spell it ... i'll never win the spelling bee

*slams head on desk*

lol

Jackie

Reaction score
Don Music is the best! Sing the twinkle twinkle little star song EmmY!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I appreciate Don Music, he's the guy who taught me that it's okay to not be musically inclined. You don't have to play a piano to use it, just butt it with your forehead once in a while and it's all okay...well, not the piano.