The Dark Crystal

agustinaldo

Reaction score
Once again,I´ve NOT seen this movie...YET.

I remember my former psychologist saying that the inner conflict between good and evil is very marked there.Is that true?

Anyway,is it ant good?Should I rent it,or not?

stgebaby

Reaction score
dark crystal

very very good movie. the good and evil thing is very clear, especially at the end. i personally love the movie, so i might be a little biased. be warned, it isn't kermit and piggy and the gang so...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: dark crystal

Originally posted by stgebaby
be warned, it isn't kermit and piggy and the gang so...
Very good point.

The movie is, without a doubt, one of the greatest works in the history of cinema in my opinion. The settings and scenery are top-notch. The characters and plot are defined and exciting. The conflict between good and evil is definitely showcased throughout the film very well.

But, like stgebaby said, be advised that it is a complete 180-degree spin from the work Henson is best known for (a fact to which some accredit the films lack of success). So, if you're looking for The Muppet Movie, I'd suggest watching The Muppet Movie. But if you're up for something deeper, more cerebral and intense, definitely opt for Dark Crystal. You definitely will not regret it.

[I believe it is still the only film with a humanless, all puppet cast, btw. Can some one back me up on that?]

-Matt

agustinaldo

Reaction score
Meet The Feebles was another movie with an all-muppet cast.

And by the 3way,you convinced me.I´ll rent that movie.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Meet the Feebles was an all puppet cast. DEFINITELY not the Muppets.

-Matt

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'd ahve to agree. The Dark Crystal is one of the best films ever made, but deffenitely not the Muppets.

Well, I was going to say something else, but I forgot. It'll come to me later.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
That movie, wow.

I have to say it was a time when most fantasy movies had to be animated, and then Henson and Froud come to prove that wrong. It certainly paved the way for many of today's fantasy movies, don't you think?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by agustinaldo
Anyway,is it ant good?Should I rent it,or not?
YES!! It's a wonderful movie, very intricate and involved. It's a great story line too. Do not listen to my friends who make fun of me saying that it is a boring movie. These persons privleges of borrowing my movies have been revoked. It's not in the least boring if you take the time to appreciate how genius it is.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Or even better buy it so that you can watch it everytime you want to see a great movie.