The Best Muppet Birthday Gift Ever!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Long time time no type I know, but anyways last Thursday June 3rd was my 21st birthday and i got a wonderful gift from one of my best friends...Of Muppets and Men the Making of the Muppet Show book!!!

I thought I would NEVER own this book! I mean i've seen it go for loads on E-bay and stuff so I never bothered with it. I've looked around flea markets before but just gave up. Now on my 21st Birthday I get this awsome Muppet gift as a surprize which just makes it more sweet!

The thing is my friend didn't know anything about this book, she didn't even know if i had it or not, i never told her about it or anything, she just gave me the wrapped up gift and said I hope you don't already have this. For a second I thought the gift was "The Work's" due to it looking like a book, but then i felt it didn't look thick enough so then i figured it couldn't have been that, so i wasn't thinking it was anything Muppets, which would have been fine, i thought it might be like a Looney Tunes history or cartoon book.

When I ripped open the paper and saw Gorgon Heap I knew exactly what the book was and I almost stopped breathing! I was so execited and I couldn't tell my friend enough on how amazing she was for finding it. She was so happy, and I was so happy, and it was great!LOL!

The book is in perfect shape cover and all! no rips or missing or colored on pages. It's perfect! It was the perfect gift! i'm not sure how much she paid, she said she got 25% of, I think the book was labled $50.00 because it was writen in the corner of the inside cover.She found it at a used book store around the corner of her new apartment.

I had a great birthday BTW, I saw Shrek 2 with my friend Kitty who's the one bought me the book, then another friend of mine Sarah took to a nice resturant called Danny's, then I hung out downtown at a coffee house with both my friends that night. Also My parents took me out along with my younger brother for dinner this past Sunday. So I've been great! I also got my grades and I passed everything! Yaaay!

So that's whats been going on in my life, what's new with all of you?;-) Oh I also got this Bugs Bunny mascot costume i won of Ebay back a few weeks ago just for the **** of it. it's histarical, i went into work with it on at this pizza place i work at....Histarical, that's all i'll say. My firend Kitty was taking pictures of me running around in it at this public park today along with some of my puppets....just for the **** of it. It was really hot today too, but i'll do anything to make my friends as well as random people go...."What the?!?!?!"

Sorry I haven't been around much, school had kept me busy, another fact is my computer is kinda busted and working very slow. I've been outta school for a while and now summer time and my job are keeping me busy too, i've been hanging out with my friends alot, which is a good thing, i've also been working more at the pizza place, and soon i'll have a another job at a summer camp so I'll be even more busy, i may even be doing puppet shows at the camp too. So a lot of great things have been happing in my life! I do miss talking to you guy and i'm sorry i've lost contact with many of you, i hope you are all well.

take care!

Zachary,

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy birthday Zach! You've been missed.

Sounds like you have a pretty special friend there. It's an amazing gift, especially since she didn't even know what a treasure she found. Congratulations!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats a great Story. Happy Birthday. Even if it wasnt something you liked, Things given as gifts are much better than buying something yourself.

That book sure is hard to find. They had it in the school library and I used to borrow it regularly til I left last year and I even kept it for almost a year I think! I was the only muppet fan so I don't think it would have been missed. They even sent me a letter saying I had to pay $25 if it wasnt returned. I thought , wow! what a bargain! $25 Aus dollars if I dont bring it back, I thought that was supposed to be a punishment!
it was quite tempting but I ended up bringing it back when I finished school last year because it was dishonest, and i didnt want them to think I had damaged one of their books, it just was a guilt thing. But I told the librarian it was hard giving it back and told her that it is worth a fortune.

I should try and borrow it from the public library. I know they have the works book which I like very much too.

Happy Birthday by the way. oops, already said that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YAY! Happy Birthday my dear old friend!! Miss you terribly around these parts!

Sounds like you had a blast, and I'd have to marry whoever bought me that book! So, where's the pictures of Zack Bunny?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I kept telling my friend Kitty that she found this jewel of a Muppet gift! Today I just bought her the new Janice doll for her Birthday, but that's in the end of August, so i'm saving it for her. She really loves Janice and I got her the action figure this past Christmas.

LOL Kevin!, I should marry her! She's great! we are just friends though and i'm very happy to have her at that. Last year when I turned 20 she she bought me a Kermit/Weezer shirt and she baked me a Chocolate/Marshmellow cake! Then the year before when I had turned 19, she drew me a large picture of Statler and Waldorf with quote bubbles saying, Statler: "It's been 19 years already?" Waldorf: "Will this Never end?"
I still have it posted above my bed and each year i've put a little cut out number over the 19, so now it says 21.
But yes Kitty is my best Muppety/non Muppety friend, I guess I turned her Muppety. Whatever that means? :confused: :smile:

Oh i have millions of pictures I'd like to share, i haven't gotten the these ones delevoped yet, but i should find someone with a scanner because I don't have one. I have pictures and drawings i've been wanting to share here for years!

It great to hear from you Phil, as well as everyone! I hope i'll have a little more time to post here, but my comp is really on the fritz!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
It great to hear from you Phil, as well as everyone! I hope i'll have a little more time to post here, but my comp is really on the fritz!
Just move down here and you can use my computer! :crazy:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its great that you have a friend like that! She sounds great! I wish I had someone like that or atleast someone who lived closer!

You are one lucky person!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
She sounds like a GREAT friend to, have, Zack...Keep her around for as long as you can! And that's AWESOME present...I've never even SEEN that book! Sounds like your birthday was great, too, happy much-belated bday! It's nice to see you posting again...You've been missed! I hope you start coming back a little more...You always made things more fun!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks again guys! I'll try to post when I can, I just have to move down to Kevin's house first.;-) j/k, but really everythings been great and busy in my life.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
i got the book @ borders for 14.95 like last year clearance rack outside . great book though