The "Bein' Green" Ford Escape Hybrid Super Bowl XL Ad- a lookback

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
This is one of the most effective Muppet ads next to collecting 50 state quarters in 1999. (I was the Steve generation, Jim was gone 3 years before I was born and the 50 state quarters ad was just talking about the quarters being in circulation, but still)

However, unlike my quarter hobby the car wowed me. and was the first time EVER in my life I saw or heard the word "Hybrid"

It was very confusing, because I was confusing regular escapes with hybrid ones.

And who could forget a PBS-friendly version that aired during the fundings on Nature of the Super Bowl spot.

OK about the ad itself. They used a song that first appeared on SST- "Being Green"- throughout. I also like the wizardry that was pioneered by Jim. Man it must be hard for Kermit to get through the park, I mean they portray bikes as bumpy, mountains that hard to climb to the top, and dare he felt like Charlie Brown when they raced through the river raft. And then, a Hybrid SUV just magically appeared, seeing the hybrid sticker on the emblem Kermit realized---I guess it is easy being green.

The irony is the Muppets got snatched by Toyota in the 2010s, shortly after the Ford Escape Hybrid had a production hiatus, and the vehicles they hawked are NOT green. So, what do you think?