The (Animated) Adventures Of Ernie and Bert

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Today, the Muppet Newsflash announced that Sesame Workshop announced they would make an international spin-off of Sesame Street starring :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: as stop motion figures rather than puppets. They will be five minute stories of Ernie and Bert's adventures. The show will be produced and animated by the Misseri Studio. The first season of the series includes 26 episodes, will be available to syndicates in March 2008, and a second season is planned for spring 2009. Old characters include Bernice (the pidgeon) and Rubber Duckie. New characters include relatives that have not been seen before. Sesame Workshop's executive VP of distribution (Terry Fitzpatrick) said that they were excited to bring the classic characters to a new dimension. I can't speak for others, but this sounds like it might be a great show! So, what do you think?

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
DUDE!!!!!!!! Are Steve and Eric still going to do the voices? And your avatar is insanely awesome. "Shubbery is my trade. I'm a shrubber. I collect and shape Shrubberies." "KNI!!!"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, that's a surprise! Well, it gets support from me for its studio being Italian, hehe. Though, I've always had a fear of claymation, so those characters are freaking me out just a bit...but still it's Bert and Ernie!

It's a shame such a show won't be shown in the U.S. at this time. Sesame Street here is kinda stuck on one character (hint hint heh).

zns

Reaction score
It's a shame it's not going to air in the U.S. Maybe somebody will post the episodes on Youtube.com. Either way, it looks rather interesting.:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

dabauckham

Reaction score
Are there any news articles someone can link us to about this? I'd like to read more about it, if possible.

I've actually always really liked claymation, so I think this sounds interesting... it'll be tricky to make it work though. Hope they can get the look, movements, and dynamic right.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I willa give this the benefit of a doubt. Sounds good to me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not beating on Elmo the character. I am voicing my upset (as we are allowed to do) that the show focuses so much on one character. I've said before I wouldn't mind Elmo if the other characters were given equal time. I've said it, now I'm done here, end of story. :smile:

Hopefully we'll get to see this claymation show at some point. Thank you for pointing it out to us!