Teen Win, Lose or Draw (Disney Channel Original Game Show)

Steve Arino

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'd like to share with you folks information on one of my all-time favorite TV game shows of my childhood (SHEESH! That makes ME feel old).

Its name: "Teen Win, Lose or Draw," a Classic Disney Channel Original Game Show telecast on Disney Channel from April 29, 1989 - September 26, 1992.

Created by Jay Wolpert, "Teen Win, Lose or Draw" was hosted by Marc Price and had 2 teams (each composed of a Teen Celebrity Guest of the era and 2 Teen Contestants per show) compete in a Boys vs. Girls game where the object was to get their teammates to say words, names & phrases by drawing pictures.

Each game began with a Clue Puzzle round where they had 60 seconds to guess a series of Clues leading up to a Famous Subject e.g. "I Dream of Jeannie."

This was followed by a Phrase Round, where the teams had 60 seconds or less to Communicate a Phrase from a category e.g. "Favorite Teen Hangouts."

As with grown-up "Win, Lose or Draw" (which this show spun off from, created by Burt Reynolds and Bert Convy and distributed by Disney's Buena Vista Television), each game ended with a 90-second Speed Round to determine the Prize Package winners, while the runners-up won a Cheaper Prize Package.

65 half-hour episodes of "Teen Win, Lose or Draw" were Videotaped in 1989 and 1990 entirely at The Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida.

After Jay Wolpert stepped down as showrunner after the first season of 39 episodes taped in 1989, the duo of Scott Stone & David Stanley (under the Stone Stanley Productions banner) took over as showrunners for the 2nd season of 26 episodes; the first season was telecast with new episodes on Disney Channel twice a week, Saturday nights at 6:30 P.M. ET and Sunday mornings at 11:30 A.M. ET, after which the second season aired new episodes exclusively on Saturday mornings at 12 P.M. ET on Disney Channel.

A personal project of mine is to lovingly Restore all 65 episodes of "Teen Win, Lose or Draw" as seen on Disney Channel, 10 of which I've already managed to Restore successfully (not counting 2 episodes of a short-lived 1993 British version of "Teen Win, Lose or Draw" hosted by British TV host Darren Day).

Of all the episodes I've seen of "Teen Win, Lose or Draw" (which at age 7 I remember vividly watching every TIME it came on Disney Channel), one such episode stands out for me that I used to have on VHS Tape, but the tape I had it on sadly broke years ago: this particular episode featured Celebrity Guests Josie Davis (TV's "Charles in Charge") and the future voice of "Disney's Aladdin," Scott Weinger (then appearing on the short-lived 1990 series "Family Man").

If anyone has the episode above, I'd appreciate it so much if someone could Digitize the episode for me (as the episode had host Marc Price's caricature read "Hawaii or Bust" next to his caricature), and upload the episode to YouTube.

Thanks in advance.

Steve