Tape Trading and Transfering

Rosewood

Reaction score
I know that a similar thread regarding this issue was put out a while ago, but I have an idea I would like to suggest and see what you guys might think of it. I have the ability to transfer legally copied VHS tapes of SS to DVD. I know that not everyone out there has this capability, and VHS tapes have a life-span of only so long, so getting them transfered to DVD could help avoid their degradation from repeated usage. I would be glad to offer my services of transfering tapes of SS to DVD disk, FREE OF CHARGE, and would even be wiling to provide the disk! All I would ask for trade in return is to be allowed to make a 2nd copy of the tape, to keep for myself, and for the necessary postage to return the tape and disk to you.

If you happen to be fortunate enough not to need this service, but would still be interested in trading, episode for episode, please contact my email address of rosejaneh2o@hotmail.com (note. the "o" in h2o is the leter o,not zero). I also do compilations, if you would be interested. And for anyone who would be interested in obtaining copies of "Elmo's World", I have a TON of episodes of it that I would be glad to get rid of for some old SS copies! :smile:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I think this belongs in the "Buy, Sell or Trade" section.

jobedo

Reaction score
Many of us have DVD Recorders now, but as i found out a year ago when i made the same request as you no one was interested. Most want to trade episodes for episodes, and if you have nothig to trade your out of luck.With Comcast showing the very early SESAME ST. episodes i hope someone with a DVD recorder will make high quality recordings to share .The tapes that i have been able to find (THANKS MUPPETDUDE) have been copied many times. I put them on DVD and they are very watchable ,if interested pm me.
JOE

MuppetDude

Reaction score
You're welcome. :smile:

And if you've got more PWMS episodes, I'd be more than happy to trade with you again. (I was also wanting some of the more recent episodes that Noggin was airing, but now that those are off the network [ :mad: ] Comcast is my best bet with these.)

chpoof

Reaction score
MuppetDude was so incredibly kind to make me a VHS copy of the unedited first episode of Sesame Street from 1969. Of course, I would REALLY love to have it on DVD in order to preserve it since tapes tend to wear out. If anyone has done the transfer and it's turned out OK, then please let me know. I'd gladly pay for a DVD-R.

And I have my fingers crossed that Sprout will show the very first episode in its entirety, not edited like Noggin's episodes were (since, from what I understand, they edited my favorite skit from the first episode!). I don't have a DVD burner for my TV yet, although I just recently got one in my computer. Been burning CD-R's for years, but the whole DVD-burning concept is quite new to me.

Blessings,
Mickey

Rosewood

Reaction score
Be glad to help!

chpoof said:
MuppetDude was so incredibly kind to make me a VHS copy of the unedited first episode of Sesame Street from 1969. Of course, I would REALLY love to have it on DVD in order to preserve it since tapes tend to wear out. If anyone has done the transfer and it's turned out OK, then please let me know. I'd gladly pay for a DVD-R.
I know you dont want to risk putting your original copie in the mail to someone you don't even know, but if you could find a way to get a VHS copie of your original, and would like to have it transfered to DVD, I would be glad to do it for you. And, like I said before, I will even provide the disk. I have transfered episodes from tape to disk many times with great success, and will do it free of charge. If it is something I already have, all I would ask is that you would be willing to do the same for someone else in the future, if possible, and that you provide enough postage stamps that I could safely return the material back to you once it is finished. Just let me know if you would be interested! :smile:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
DVD-R discs are 20 cents a disc only (9.99 50pk)
Even less if you happen to be a internet whiz like my husband! I just recieved a whopping shipment of 800 as a birthday present! (That's why I have no problem offering a disk for the privilage of a copy!)

caribbean

Reaction score
Can anyone help a newbie

Hi Guys, i'm a complete newcomer with nothing to trade but a free service of transferring from VHS to DVD any episodes you might have. Following this thread keenly with the hopes of obtaining some unpaved episodes to get me up and running. I think here in the U.K is totally devoid of sesame street so i've got a struggle on my hands. I will pay for all postage and disks ect if any kind soul will help me ( sob sob ) GOOD TO SEEE SO MANY FOLKS WITH A SIMILAR LOVE FOR CLASSIC SESAME STREET THOUGH!!