• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Sesame moves to HBO Max
    Sesame Street is moving to the new HBO Max streaming service for Seasons 51-55. HBO Max will also stream a broad collection of classic episodes from the past 50 years.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Surviving 'Muppet Movie' props for new docuseries

wakawaka86

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just joined, but I've been lurking for awhile, using the forum to do research for an upcoming Disney+ docuseries I'm working on. This forum has been a great resource of knowledge, so I'm hoping you can help me track down some pieces! (Sorry to the admins if I'm too new to start a thread, but I'm getting desperate :embarrassed:)

The show focuses on props and costumes from different Disney films. One of the episodes will be about The Muppet Movie (only the original movie), but we're having a hard time finding any surviving pieces from the film! We've been talking to the Henson archives, but even they don't have much from that first film, because not much was saved from movies back then.

Does anyone have any info on surviving pieces from The Muppet Movie? I heard there was an auction in about 1980 at the studio lot. Some of those items must have survived!

Thanks in advance for any help!

gavry3

Reaction score
Last edited:

wakawaka86

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. We'll definitely be talking to the museum about the Studebaker. It's really unfortunate about that bus. I saw that there was an Electric Mayhem bus in the background of the 2011 film, but that must be a recreation.

We've talked to some of the puppeteers, designers and filmmakers, and a couple have held on to small pieces, but we're really trying to track down the more key pieces, like Kermit's bicycle. We thought it would be in the archives, but they don't think they have it. For all we know, it's been sitting in the back of someone's garage for 40 years!

gavry3

Reaction score
Another one I recently found out about- recently deceased director of The Muppet Movie, James Frawley, has said he owned the iconic Fork in the Road in his garage. Now that he's passed I don't know who it might've gone to.

wakawaka86

Reaction score
Oh I hadn't heard that! Thanks for the info. We've been hoping to reach out to Frawley's widow. Hopefully she still has it.
Another piece we just tracked down is the El Sleezo Cafe sign. Special effects supervisor Robbie Knott, who also passed recently, held onto it after production. His kids still have it.

gavry3

Reaction score
Another piece we just tracked down is the El Sleezo Cafe sign. Special effects supervisor Robbie Knott, who also passed recently, held onto it after production. His kids still have it.
Niiiiice!!! :big_grin: