Stuck Figure Joints: Any Advice?

jediX

Reaction score
I've had this issue several times with Muppet figures but I managed to get them fixed easily and didn't have to worry about the figure breaking because of Palisades' incredibly high figure durability. However, I also collect several other lines (LOTR, Star Wars, Marvel Legends) and am having some extreme difficulty with sticky joints in the Marvel line.

I bought a Ghostrider figure earlier today and because of a sticky shoulder joint, his arm busted off. Luckily, I managed to find another one this evening and he seems okay, but the same joint is sticking and I know that it is supposed to articulate because his other arm does just fine.

So, and I know this has been covered before but I can't seem to find it: what are some tips you use to fix sticky joints without breaking the figure? Thanks in advance.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey--this may be too late to help you with your problem, but I hear if you stick the figure in the freezer for a few minutes, it helps to loosen sticky joints. I've never actually had the problem myself, but I've seen that suggested again and again on toy websites.

Good luck!

:zany:

jediX

Reaction score
I actually found what the problem with the figure was (some plastic from his ball shoulder joint got spilled over into the disc that articulates the joint, preventing it from moving), but that tip should probably help with a few other figures on the "stuck" list. Thanks!

Gonzo

Reaction score
No problemo.

:halo: :big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :cool:

Nothing worse than a stuck joint.

jediX

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
Nothing worse than a stuck joint.
Well, a broken joint, perhaps :wink:

Btw, loved your customs you used to have online...I never got the opportunity to say that before.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Thanks man--there are a LOT more in the works...and they'll be up on a site somewhere soon enough. Well, as soon as the rest of my life settles down.

:eek: :eek: :eek: