Strange Dancing Pig-costume puppet-video.

practicecactus

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyjS6b0OE-E

I just don't know what to make of this and thought I'd share with you puppeteer folk.
It says '1907' in the video description. I translated it from Italian to english, with one of them translators, and it says;
French Cortometraggio of 1907.
Disowned director.
Accompanied the beautifulst brano of pianoforte of which I ignore author (presumablly Satie)… eventual suggestions they are very chip axes.
WONDERFUL!"

The puppet has so much movement [see last 10 secends or so] and the way the head's features move and his left arm sometimes moves or not so I'm suspicious about the authenticity about the year of it's production, unless people know otherwise.
Very bizzare.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Wow!.....Yea...I'm suspicious too about the year as well....

....but IF that was 1907 they had it going on in France!

Blink

Reaction score
Wow!.....Yea...I'm suspicious too about the year as well....

....but IF that was 1907 they had it going on in France!
It's funny you said that because my first reaction was that this was not actually old footage. I am still not convinced. But I think the pig costume is super cool.

Teenager's

Reaction score
lol Yea!...its a Great suit. Its better than a lot of pro suits that were 50+ years later!....I mean...if they built that...it must not have been a big enough hit to keep the designs around or the builder was Really secretive and then died or something...

Its really strange and I'd like to know more.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I googled it; as it looked (at first) like a fake, but it most certainly is not. I found it on a couple of reputatable sites and they all state the date 1907 and the title- not much is said about the puppeteer, nor the production company. I loved it though, good find!