Statler and Waldorf - "Hot and 100" BBMAs Video

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
New video with Statler and Waldorf. From what I understand, that's Peter doing Statler. Wonder what Steve has been up to.

A lot of people have been asking that question. Back in January, I thought he might be having an extended holiday, but now I'm getting a little bit worried. I'm sure there's nothing wrong, I just hope he hasn't injured himself.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any of Steve's characters, aside from Statler, until the Hollywood Bowl thing.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
A lot of people have been asking that question. Back in January, I thought he might be having an extended holiday, but now I'm getting a little bit worried. I'm sure there's nothing wrong, I just hope he hasn't injured himself.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any of Steve's characters, aside from Statler, until the Hollywood Bowl thing.
My guess (hope?) is that since Steve doesn't live in either of the major Muppety areas (New York and California), and because the Muppets haven't really been doing anything major, it doesn't make much sense for Steve to travel so far for a couple of really small gigs.

Another theory is that this, and other recent Internet "shorts," were shot back in Winter, during the possible "extended holiday."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
To be fair, the Muppets really haven't done anything since the Outside Lands festival. I'm willing to bet Steve didn't want to / wasn't able to come in for the Thanksgiving Parade, but like, what else have we gotten since? Those "Thoughts of the Week" stuff were done on the East Coast, I'm assuming (they were done by a Manhattan production company), so it's really only on Peter, Matt, Eric and David for those.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here we go speculating about Steve's whereabouts again. I wouldn't worry about it. He really hasn't had much reason to perform since the TV show ended last year. Frankly, with a job as physically demanding as this is, and being the age that he is, it's probably wise to take it easy every so often. I think I read somewhere that Dave Goelz had surgery on his shoulder around the time they filmed the 2011 film.

Either way, Peter did a good job, and they made a very wise decision using one of the major performers as opposed to hiring an entirely unknown puppeteer this time.

Last edited: