Splash Mountain to be rethemed to a Princess And The Frog attraction

BlakeConor14

Reaction score

Well as disappointing as it is too loose the ever popular Splash Mountain, I’m not shocked at all. A ride with roots of racism due to the film it is based on, it was only going to be a matter of When not if the ride was rethemed to something else.

The ride is also 30 years old and is based on something that hardly anyone knows about so making it more modern is a step in the right direction

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The only reference Splash Mountain had to “Song of the South”, was in the queue, you heard “Zip-a-dee Doo-Dah”. There might’ve been images on the wall of Brer Fox, Brer Bear, and Brer Rabbit, but certainly no Tar Baby.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score

Well as disappointing as it is too loose the ever popular Splash Mountain, I’m not shocked at all. A ride with roots of racism due to the film it is based on, it was only going to be a matter of When not if the ride was rethemed to something else.

The ride is also 30 years old and is based on something that hardly anyone knows about so making it more modern is a step in the right direction
I'm not shocked tbh. The ride has been talked about being re themed for a long time. I'm going to miss Splash Mountain, but I love Princess and the Frog so I hope the ride will be great!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I mean, without saying much it's obvious why this decision was made (not only why they rid Song of the South, but also why they added TP&tF in particular)... as a huge fan of classic Disney animation I'll miss the Song of the South characters... oh well.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I love Splash Mountain, probably my favorite ride at the park, so i'm gonna miss it. Just the whole aesthetic and feel of it was really cool. I'm really glad I got to ride it last year, for probably my first and last time.

That being said, I love Princess and The Frog, it's pretty underrated, so i'm happy that it's getting some attention at the parks.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Princess and the Frog was noteworthy for being the last 2D animation Disney ever produced.
It was okay, but it wasn’t a milestone on the order of Aladdin or the Lion King.
It turns out Disney was looking to revamp the ride for the past year, so it wasn’t a knee-jerk reaction to current events.
It makes sense in Disneyland, since Splash Mountain is located in the New Orleans Square. Good fit.
At Disney World, Splash Mountain is in Frontierland. It’s a little harder to integrate with it’s Western themes.
One thing I still have from 2001, is a little figure of Brer Fox, Brer Bear, and Brer Rabbit with their hands up in a Splash Mountain log flume car. (Like when you’re on a log flume, you throw your hands up during that last plunge).

Someday this might be worth a few bucks, because you’ll never see it again.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
One thing I still have from 2001, is a little figure of Brer Fox, Brer Bear, and Brer Rabbit with their hands up in a Splash Mountain log flume car. (Like when you’re on a log flume, you throw your hands up during that last plunge).

Someday this might be worth a few bucks, because you’ll never see it again.
I have that too. :smile: This thing, right?

I actually have quite a few from rides like this (Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, etc).

MWoO

Reaction score
Doing this in Disney World makes no sense as the thene doesn't fit. Disney Land makes sense though. They already removed like 99% of the Song of the South theming though so why not just finish the removal and keep Splash Mountain as the same ride with new theming?