Southern California Fire Storm

BEAR

Reaction score
Hey all!

I just wanted to send my prayers and thoughts to those people having to deal with these terrible fires in California. I live in Yorba Linda, CA, and had to evacuate my home today. There are fires spreading all around the Carona, Brea, Yorba Linda and now Anaheim Hills area. I am fine. My wife and I left Yorba Linda this morning and headed down to Orange to stay at her parents' house. A lot of neighborhoods had to evacuate and the 91 freeway has been closed. Along with Sylmar and Santa Barbara, I wanted to send my thoughts out to those in these areas. I hope your homes and families are okay.

:concern:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh man, Bryan, I'm sorry to hear this!
:sympathy: Glad you and your family are alright though. Good luck!
:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I keep watching the news and the fires keep moving. The winds are really blowing out here. Some of them are brush fires, but we're now being told that some of the fires were from arceny.

I'm in a play right now at a local theater group and tonight was supposed to be opening night. The performance was cancelled tonight due to the fires. The theater is in the middle of all of them.

It's a bummer that my show was cancelled tonight but I also know that there are more important things to think about, like all the homes that have been lost. Luckily there have been no fatalities so far.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Glad that nothing to serious has happened so far. Hope this all passes soon.

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, the fires have spread. The city of Diamond Bar has been hit by fires now. Yorba Linda (the small town that I live in) is still on fire. My particular neighborhood has not burned yet, but the flames are getting very very close. My area is now considered a "voluntary evacuation" area. However, we are just on the border of "manditory evacuation". Though, we evacuated yesterday while we still could, I am told that if we tried to go back for any reason, we would have to show identification that we lived there. This is very scary! Hundreds of homes have been lost. I need as many good thoughts, prayers and wishes as possible, please.

Is there anyone else here being threatened by any of the fires?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Do you have any family or friends who live where you live and have they been affected?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I feel for you. I live in Australia, one of the most bushfire prone areas in the world, and on a frequent basis we see this kinda thing happen. It's horrible to see what some people go through, as it's all over TV all summer. Hope everything works out fine.

BEAR

Reaction score
Do you have any family or friends who live where you live and have they been affected?
I know many that live in or around these areas where the fires are, but none of them have lost their homes, as far as I know now. Luckily, all of my family live a distance from where the fires have hit.

My wife and I were able to get back to our condo home to get a few more things we left behind. It seems that things remain somewhat okay in that particular region, but we decided to play it safe. So we are staying one more night at my in-laws in the City of Orange, a good distance from where the fires are. The air was just too smokey and dry where we live. Not easy to breathe in that stuff. We remain hopeful though that the firefighters are able to keep this under control and we can all return back to normal. Of course, those who have lost their homes won't have such an easy time doing that.

All the firefighters out here have been doing outstanding work. All the men and women in that profession are true heroes. My grandfather used to be a fire captain, and all this really makes me appreciate the work he did.

BEAR

Reaction score
I feel for you. I live in Australia, one of the most bushfire prone areas in the world, and on a frequent basis we see this kinda thing happen. It's horrible to see what some people go through, as it's all over TV all summer. Hope everything works out fine.
Thanks, Shoe Fairy.:smile: