Something new I noticed about Cantus…

bazingababe24

Reaction score
He has middle-age spread!

If you have "The Minstrels", check out the scene where he announces that the magic pipe is missing. It's very visible.

This doesn't change my opinion of Cantus in any way, I still think he is the most beautiful Fraggle, and I still have an irrational Muppetcrush on him.:coy: It's just fun to catch things I haven't noticed before on repeated viewings. Anyone else notice new, small things about FR every time they watch it?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, I never noticed that, but then I didn't notice how pudgy Boober is until I saw footage showing the puppeteers working the puppets. It's a lot more obvious when he's not cut off at the waist. I suppose that because Boober is fairly sedentary and Cantus seems to move in slow motion they don't burn off all the calories that other Fraggles do.

I've recently noticed that sometimes you can see Marjorie's edge. Usually it's on the right side as you look at her, and only when she makes sharp, dramatic movements with her whole body. For just a moment you can sometimes see where the puppet ends as it flaps up.

bazingababe24

Reaction score
Heh, I never noticed that, but then I didn't notice how pudgy Boober is until I saw footage showing the puppeteers working the puppets. It's a lot more obvious when he's not cut off at the waist. I suppose that because Boober is fairly sedentary and Cantus seems to move in slow motion they don't burn off all the calories that other Fraggles do.
He does take his sweet time, doesn't he? More time for me to admire him as he passes!:coy: I also figured it was because he's old and his metabolism has dropped. Boober's still young; he's just afraid of getting hurt.

I've recently noticed that sometimes you can see Marjorie's edge. Usually it's on the right side as you look at her, and only when she makes sharp, dramatic movements with her whole body. For just a moment you can sometimes see where the puppet ends as it flaps up.
Is there a specific episode where you can see this? I'll keep an eye out for it next time.:smile:

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Not Marjorie only. For example, in the sketch from the EM when they perform America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hr-kModYtY , around 1:30) you see Zoot moving very quick and if he lifts his sax you see also where the puppet ends.

Slackbot

Reaction score
A few other observations:

In Wembley's Flight, in the final shot with the Spiderfly, you can see the end of the rod dowel when it flies away.

In the opening theme, when Wembley frolics offstage (right before leaping into the pool) you get a good view of his sleeve.

There is a background Fraggle in the first season that I think was either given new eyes and a new costume to make him into Marlon, or his pattern was used. Look in large group scenes for a yellow Fraggle with Marlon's carp-like mouth; he's easy to find.

It appears that Rock-Hockey Hannah stayed in Fraggle Rock after the events of Playing Till it Hurts. She just changed her costume so she doesn't look like someone Aunt Sadie. (She appears to be related to Large Marvin. Pink Fraggle, pretty big, similar nose, live hands.)

Slackbot

Reaction score
If you watch The Great Radish Famine, keep an eye on Marjorie's lower right edge when she talks to Mokey at around 18:00. After she says "Listen up and listen tight" her edge flips up, and again when she gestures dramatically at the end of that scene.

Foodie

Reaction score
He has middle-age spread!

If you have "The Minstrels", check out the scene where he announces that the magic pipe is missing. It's very visible.

This doesn't change my opinion of Cantus in any way, I still think he is the most beautiful Fraggle, and I still have an irrational Muppetcrush on him.:coy: It's just fun to catch things I haven't noticed before on repeated viewings. Anyone else notice new, small things about FR every time they watch it?
Wow! I'll hafta check that out.