Something I noticed about the TV spots

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just pointing this out because I forgot one element of the movie's release.

How come there's no shout out to the Toy Story short in these things? I know certain TV spots for Cars had reference to the short that was before it. I'd consider that being a nice double selling point, Come for the Muppets, stay for Toy Story. That is, the Toy Story short's still happening, right?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i saw a screen shot or 3 today on either stitch kingdom or disney digital files

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes. BTW what is it about?
I'll check the Pixar website

Edit: It doesn't say anything at the Pixar website

muppetlover123

Reaction score
its small fry and its where buzz lightyear gets mixed up in a happy meal toy and the gang rescue him

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I saw a promotional still and a couple news articles on the matter today, it is most definitely still happening.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I can confirm that the Toy Story short is indeed in front of the movie and it is indeed awesome. Not as good as Hawaiian Vacation, but still very funny. Jane Lynch is a voice in it and she's awesome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can confirm that the Toy Story short is indeed in front of the movie and it is indeed awesome. Not as good as Hawaiian Vacation, but still very funny. Jane Lynch is a voice in it and she's awesome.
I betchya the Toy Story short gets more merchandise than the Muppets, though.

I still find it strange they haven't mentioned this in any of the adverts. You'd think those who are on the fence about the Muppet movie would be sold if they get to see a Toy Story cartoon before it.

But then again, they didn't advertise "How to install your home entertainment system" before National Treasure 2. I was this close to seeing that specifically for that cartoon.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh weird! That is bizarre. Since Toy Story is Disney's main cash cow, it is bizarre there's nary a peep in front of the tv spots or any promotion.

Heck, I went on ebay, not a single Muppets movie promo being sold.

Hopefully tomorrow when I check out the disneystore muppet craft thing, they'll have some new merchandise at least...

But yeah, there's some big time boners going on as much as they have been going all out on the Muppet movie promotion(no real merchandise in stores, no mention of Toy Story short which would bring in a lot of people, etc)

Btw I loved that Goofy short...tho strange it came out a few years ago and showed only old school television sets instead of LCD screens. But I wish Disney would do more of those.