Some potential news about Of Muppets and Men on the last two sets

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I emailed Disney to ask if they're going to include the documentry Of Muppets and Men. Here's what I got:

Me: I love the season box sets of the Muppet Show you're releasing. I just have one question.
In 1981, a documentary was released that gave a behind the scenes look at the Muppet Show. It was called Of Muppets and Men. I was wondering if it will be included with either the 4th or 5th season box sets. I would love for it to be included, as it was very in depth.
Thank you for your time in answering my question.

Disney: Thank you for your email regarding THE MUPPETS. We value your interest in Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

At this time, we do not have a DVD release date for THE MUPPETS: OF MUPPETS AND MEN. We will forward your request for release to our Marketing Department for consideration.

I don't know if that means there are no plans to include the documentry or not in the next two sets. I hope they do. I saw the documentry once on YouTube and it was good. I would love to watch it on a TV.

PS: Here's a link to the 6 parts on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=of+muppets+and+men&search_type=&aq=0&oq=Of+Muppets

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd like to see them begin releasing Muppet specials and documentaries on DVD sets if not on DVDs such as "The Muppet Show Season whichever." That would be fun.

And, of course, I'd love to see Sam and Friends released.

David French

Reaction score
I emailed Disney to ask if they're going to include the documentry Of Muppets and Men. Here's what I got:

Me: I love the season box sets of the Muppet Show you're releasing. I just have one question.
In 1981, a documentary was released that gave a behind the scenes look at the Muppet Show. It was called Of Muppets and Men. I was wondering if it will be included with either the 4th or 5th season box sets. I would love for it to be included, as it was very in depth.
Thank you for your time in answering my question.

Disney: Thank you for your email regarding THE MUPPETS. We value your interest in Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

At this time, we do not have a DVD release date for THE MUPPETS: OF MUPPETS AND MEN. We will forward your request for release to our Marketing Department for consideration.

I don't know if that means there are no plans to include the documentry or not in the next two sets. I hope they do. I saw the documentry once on YouTube and it was good. I would love to watch it on a TV.

PS: Here's a link to the 6 parts on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=of+muppets+and+men&search_type=&aq=0&oq=Of+Muppets
It means that you are jumping the gun in asking this question. Season Three has just come out and I'm fairly certain they won't have even thought about the other two seasons yet.

Do people think that Disney are just restricting themselves to the Muppets for DVD releases or something? :rolleyes:

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Monkey,

You'll find Of Muppet and Men on one of the UK "Best Of The Muppets" DVD releases (i think its the star wars one). Probably out of print so it'd cost a bit more on Ebay but if it doesn't make it onto the season sets then at least it is out there in digital format.