Some doubts...

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Is it just me or Bobo, the Bear makes an appearence in The Muppets Take Manhatan (how do you spell this?)?

He is one of the bears that enter the church during the final song and if I'm not mistaken he is dressed has a she-bear...

Am I right?

In Muppet Treasure Island, the fat lady who owns the Inn where Jim, Gonzo and Rizzo work ("How does she do that?") is holding a purple Muppet when she comes out of her room during the fire sequence...

Does anyone know anything about that Muppet?

And what about the one that looks like a spider in Muppet Christmas Carol, during The Ghost of the Christmas Yet to Come or whatever he's called visit?

Thank you...

Salmoto

Reaction score
The bears from TMTM were natural-born bears that fozzie tried to hibernate with after parting ways with Kermit. I doubt the female baby bear is, in fact, Bobo, but perhaps Bobo comes out of the same herd. After all, when Bobo made his debut on Muppets Tonight, Kermit already seemed to know him when he gave him a job as a security guard.

As for the spider from MCC or the muppet that's the innkeeper's pet, I've only seen them in their two respective movie scenes. It's likely they're incidental characters, though the spider looks alot like Pepe, does he not?

dwmckim

Reaction score
You are correct - that WAS Bobo dressed in drag in TMTM, or like Sal in MTI - the Muppet that would later become Bobo.

The Bobo puppet and the other bears that Fozzie meets were created for the movie and those bear puppets have been used in quite a few projects since. Then the Bobo puppet was given a name and a personality for Muppets Tonight.

One funny bit of Muppet Trivia, in one of the UK books they did to promote Muppets Tonight, they show a picture of the wedding scene from MTM, and they pasted over a recent pic of Bobo over the original Bobo in a dress probably fearing that sharp eyed viewers would go "WHA?"