SNL Season 2?

travellingpat

Reaction score
Hey Guys...

is there any plans for SNL season 2 on dvd? I really enjoyed season 1 and i hope they continue to put out the box sets....i think the muppets have a cameo in the first episode anywasy....does anyone know?

thanks guys

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yes its coming out sometime this December the same as last year, heres your source.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah, SNL when it was funny and had rising stars. not like today where the cartoons are the only thing it has going for it.

Too bad these things are so expensive.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Hey Guys...

is there any plans for SNL season 2 on dvd? I really enjoyed season 1 and i hope they continue to put out the box sets....i think the muppets have a cameo in the first episode anywasy....does anyone know?

thanks guys
Yep, The Muppets appear in the first episode of the second season, hosted by Lily Tomlin. Chevy Chase leaves after show 6 (October 30, 1976), and Bill Murray is introduced in the first show of the new year, January of 1977.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Too bad these things are so expensive.
They may be a bit pricey (season 1 retailed at $69.95, but I bought it at Wal-Mart for $48), but I assume the steep price has to do with securing the music rights for the various musical guests, as well as some of the music heard in the show.

For instance, when Warner Home Video released the George Carlin ep. on video in the 1980s, they took a 68-minute program (without commercials) and whittled it down to 52 minutes. Gone entirely was music guest Janis Ian (who sang two songs); gone was a second song by Billy Preston (although his first was included), and gone was a snippet from Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife" at the opening of the Victims of Shark Bite sketch with Belushi and Curtin.

In the Warner video version of the Peter Cook & Dudley Moore show, Chevy Chase sings a snippet of "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" in the Lifer Follies sketch. That was cut. Otherwise the rest of that particular episode was complete.

Many (but not all) of the Warner tapes (which were randomly-selected episodes from the first five years) suffered musical cuts.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I think i picked it up at target for around 50 so i hope i can get this one for somewhere around there

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wonder how far they'll go before that stop making season sets.