Silly Observations

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I don't know if I should start a new thread for this or not, but seeing as a number of threads have a plethora of responses already, and this doesn't really apply to any one of them, I just thought I'd toss this out and see what you folks think about it.

You know how we have all those different current threads: 'What song are you listening to?', 'What tv show are you watching?' 'What movie?' etc. Well, I'm currently only listening to music, which can be done whilst playing on the computer as can eating (that is if one wishes for crumbs in the keyboard). Yet, it seriously baffles me to see how well so many of you folks can multitask.

That is, I have observed the same people adding to the movie, tv, and music threads simultaneously.

I get a headache from more than one sound, it's like brain overdrive, so I have to admit that I'm rather surprised that there are those folks here who can actually listen to a song at the same time while eating and watching a movie and a television show. You folks are seriously mind-boggling! :eek:

I know that it seems silly to bring this up, but it is something that I've observed since being here. :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think they don't mean all at once, but the way it is worded just makes it sound that way:smile:..What I see it as is "What is the last movie/song/show you watched or listened to ?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, it's almost kind of like Jerry Seinfeld and his "Didja ever notice" routines, lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Being left handed in a right handed world has a lot of those moments :stick_out_tongue:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't get it... it's like being left-handed is special or something.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I'm currently only listening to music, which can be done whilst playing on the computer as can eating (that is if one wishes for crumbs in the keyboard). Yet, it seriously baffles me to see how well so many of you folks can multitask.
Now I'm on the in-betweeny-line here, because when I am writing (a short-story, or book) I almsot have to find a song which represents it in my mind and listen to that on repeat while writing.

But when I am typing a response to a thread, or reading something that isn't trivial, I have to switch off whatever I have on at the time. (I'm currantly losing a battle with the Wicked soundtrack, which constantly begs to be played, but as soon as I start playing it, I get annoyed that I can't think, so I turn it off, and then it begs to be played again! :scary:)

But my 'luxury' multi-tasking habbit, is opening a dvd in a small window to one side of my computer screen (usually Riddick or Rent, or something thematically beautiful like that), and then turning the sound off my computer and listening to music, then doing my work while that goes on to one side. (So I just have the movie images, some random music, and my work at the same time). :coy:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I like multitasking. I don't think I would want to watch a movie and listen to music at the same time, but at this moment, I am watching a movie (Singin' in the Rain) and typing this at the same time, all while thinking about what I'm going to do for my senior project for school.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are amazing!

I never thought about the idea of watching a movie on the computer. I had images of stacks of technological devices and diverting attention to watch a movie while typing. It didn't occur to me that people actually do watch movies on the computer.

Maybe it's getting close to retiring our dinosaur. That's the name I gave to our computer, bought in 2000 and still chugging along. :smile: Makes me feel rather like Doc playing video games with Sprocket.

I hear a bunch of people talking about Wicked and RENT but I've never seen either. Maybe one day I will have to get with the program. :wink:

It's Windows Vista now, right?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Multitasking is my friend :stick_out_tongue:

I can be on the computer, watching tv, listening ti music, doing homeowrk, and eating at the same time XD