Sesame Workshop Sues STX Films over Happytime Murders Trailer

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
^Eh, that's kind of nonsense, and more than a little insulting to the Henson Co. Like I said, I'm not a fan of what this movie seems to be, but it's not like they said "From the makers of Sesame Street."

mbmfrog

Reaction score
^Eh, that's kind of nonsense, and more than a little insulting to the Henson Co. Like I said, I'm not a fan of what this movie seems to be, but it's not like they said "From the makers of Sesame Street."

I called this would happen when they used the tag line of “No Sesame and All Street. “

Honestly the fact that they mention the previous Muppet films in the trailer maybe a bit problematic given how Disney uses the Muppets these days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop suing over something created by The Jim Henson Company? This is some deep, post-modern shitaki mushroom.

Last edited by a moderator:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well who knew this day was sure to come Sesame going up aginst the Jim Henson Company, who still helps them with Muppet building and such. I would have possibly expected Sesame and Disney to butt heads from time to time, but never fight with Henson. I am also surprised that Henson has not been mentioned since they are the ones producing the movie.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't a lot of the puppeteers whow are in the movie also work on Sesame?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am also surprised that Henson has not been mentioned since they are the ones producing the movie.
Probably because it's not Henson they're suing, but rather, the promotional company putting out the trailers and what have you that use the tagline, "No Sesame. All Street."

As for Sesame puppeteers, I'm not sure, but I think I read Kevin Clash may have performed in this, but I think it's mostly the JHC Henson Alternative puppeteers who performed in this.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Well who knew this day was sure to come Sesame going up aginst the Jim Henson Company, who still helps them with Muppet building and such. I would have possibly expected Sesame and Disney to butt heads from time to time, but never fight with Henson. I am also surprised that Henson has not been mentioned since they are the ones producing the movie.
Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't a lot of the puppeteers whow are in the movie also work on Sesame?
I think they are suing STX Films rather than the Henson Company