"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I think I know what's going at the top of my Christmas list this year! :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the Amazon page for the DVD, I see that the run time is 75 minutes. I wonder if that includes bonus features (I think most Sesame DVDs include the time from bonus features with its run time) or if the special will actually be that long. Somehow, with all the confirmed celebrities and returning cast members (and maybe returning Muppets, though they could easily just have them in a big crowd scene with no dialogue), and the fact that it's confirmed there'll be new renditions of old songs, I wouldn't be surprised if it were that long.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
OK, so I figured out the synopsis for the special, thanks to the DVD.

"Sesame Street's 50th year is the perfect opportunity for a music- and memory-filled special for the entire family. It's the biggest celebration ever on The Street, and lots of friends are on hand to share in the fun. But the celebration could be derailed if it's discovered that the iconic Sesame Street sign has mysteriously gone missing. It's up to some resourceful Muppets to try to find out what has happened to the sign and try to get it back without disrupting the festivities."

I have a lot to say.

First of all, how do the celebrity guests fit into all this? I assume it could be via flashbacks, but some of the guests the wiki lists never been on the show before. Also, this isn't even the first time the street sign has gone missing. To my knowledge, that was in Season 29.

Also...
Yea. She's gonna replace the late Alaina Reed as Olivia.
Isn't Olivia black? Does this count as whitewashing? Or will this a Michael Jackson scenario where her skin apparently turned white as she got older.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Isn't Olivia black? Does this count as whitewashing? Or will this a Michael Jackson scenario where her skin apparently turned white as she got older.
Makes me suspect that was a joke.

"But the celebration could be derailed if it's discovered that the iconic Sesame Street sign has mysteriously gone missing."
I wonder if the fact that the real-life New York City has been gradually replacing its uppercase street signs with lowercase ones over the past decade will come into play here.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
First of all, how do the celebrity guests fit into all this? I assume it could be via flashbacks, but some of the guests the wiki lists never been on the show before. Also, this isn't even the first time the street sign has gone missing.
I believe the "missing street sign" thing won't like dominate the hour, it'll be just a plotline they go back to and celebrity stuff happens in-between. I have been told hat Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the host though (kinda like Cosby was, but in a less "Sesame Street is a TV show" kinda way).

I wonder if the fact that the real-life New York City has been gradually replacing its uppercase street signs with lowercase ones over the past decade will come into play here.
I think they stopped that due to money issues awhile ago.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I believe the "missing street sign" thing won't like dominate the hour, it'll be just a plotline they go back to and celebrity stuff happens in-between. I have been told hat Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the host though (kinda like Cosby was, but in a less "Sesame Street is a TV show" kinda way).

I think they stopped that due to money issues awhile ago.
Where did you find that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.