Sesame Street Spinoff Ideas

which spin off would you like to see?

• Total voters

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I think Twiddlebugs is a great idea as an animated series. Around the Corner would be cute, but they may as well have just kept it with Sesame Street. They got rid of it to downsize and simplify.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Around the Corner would be cute, but they may as well have just kept it with Sesame Street. They got rid of it to downsize and simplify.
From what I heard, Around The Corner was gotten rid of because of the kids being too confused of all the characters that occupied there with an added possibility that Sesame Workshop didn’t have enough funds to keep it around. No wonder with season 30, they were trying to bring back more of the classic characters.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
From what I heard, Around The Corner was gotten rid of because of the kids being too confused of all the characters that occupied there with an added possibility that Sesame Workshop didn’t have enough funds to keep it around. No wonder with season 30, they were trying to bring back more of the classic characters.
Yes, exactly. It was a lot of characters to keep track of. It was probably the largest human cast in the shows history at that point too. Ruth Buzzi did stick around a bit longer after that even if they never showed her store. I liked ATC just for the fact there were so many friends to follow on the street, but i totally understand the reasons. They probably weren't interested in keeping that extra set around.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Plus from what my sources have told me, A lot of the 90s era Sesame Muppet characters are either used in Muppeteer workshops or international Muppets.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Twiddle-twiddle-bug... twiddle-twiddle-bug... twiddle-twiddle-bug...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely see what you are saying. I really hope what ever the spinoff is that its awesome!
It seems both of Cookie Monster's more recent segments Smart Cookies and Foodie Truck borrowed heavily from this concept. So, in a way, we kind of did get Munchin' Impossible.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I think it would be great if Joey Mazzarino came back as Murray and Murray has his own show where he travels across the country and interviews people and sees new things with a cast of new characters or old forgotten ones like Herry or Sherlock Hemlock.