Sesame Street Special "Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The Muppet performers did an excellent job with the recasting of the classic characters.
I could honestly see a more permanent place for Captain Vegetable, Sherlock and even Don Music.
Loved the Don Music & Guy Smiley gag
Peter is absolutely wonderful with both Ernie and Harry. Question could Harry be slowly becoming a replacement for Murray?

What a beautiful and touching moment it was seeing Kermit sitting on the steps of 123, and Matt sang wonderful.

Did anyone notice the Nod to Mr.Hooper in the bread song? That made me cry!

I think I was smiling though the whole thing except when I was crying. I give this an 8 out of 10.

I would really be not picking if I had to find negatives.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The Muppet performers did an excellent job with the recasting of the classic characters.
I could honestly see a more permanent place for Captain Vegetable, Sherlock and even Don Music.
Loved the Don Music & Guy Smiley gag
Peter is absolutely wonderful with both Ernie and Harry. Question could Harry be slowly becoming a replacement for Murray?

Did anyone notice the Nod to Mr.Hooper in the bread song? That made me cry!
Don’t you mean Harry is making a comeback to the show given he was there before Murray?

Also I’m glad they referenced the original Mr. Hooper too.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Serious question: Had Big Bird stopped calling Hooper Looper? Because he did it in the special?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So I finally saw the special and I thought it was pretty good. The plot is basic but I’m glad what they were able to do with it. The musical numbers are nice probably my favorite is the melody of songs and Bein’ Green with Elvis Costello and Kermit.

Other observations:
The cameos were nice, my favorite being Lefty.
The Where To Mac joke was amazing.
Oscarfan is totally right this is the best Welcome.
Kind of weird how Sherry was part of the obscure character group instead someone more recognizable.
Also maybe it’s just me but Joseph Gordon Levitt seem to be a funny choice after the Bruce Willis roast.
I feel this is Matt at his strongest with Kermit, I’m just glad they didn’t use the Rainbow Connection again LOL.
Overall: 9/10

Last edited:

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
The producers did a really nice job on making the special. Next week, I'm gonna have to watch it on PBS, since I have no HBO Go.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One other thing I forgot to mention is, well, I personally found it amusing and intriguing that our host from 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN kept going back and forth between being "Joseph" and "(Mr.) Joe", because, well, it's something I personally deal with very frequently.