Sesame Street Special "Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was wondering if PBS would do something to fill the hour: instead of irising out to the credits, it goes to black and they play a bunch of those "Sesame Street Memory" videos.
You got that prediction right. :smile:

Wait! HBO didn't fill the full hour? Was it just a half hour/45 minutes on HBO. Just kind of curious about that.

Sorry for all the double posts. Like a lot of people. I just saw the special today and this is the first I was reading all the posts. I tried to use the 'edit' command, but I guess when other people were posting at the same time I was I got mixed up. I'm done now. Onward to the Rev Transcription forums now.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I still think SW could easily recast Murray or at least have him make sporadic appearances with a new performer such as in specials like this. If they can do that with other long lost characters who's performers are no longer around, they certainly could do it with Murray.
Matt Vogel stated that Murray won’t be recasted because it was such a Joey character, so he’s not coming back.

Any Del

Reaction score
I saw the special earlier and I have to say it was THE BEST SPECIAL EVER! Loved every part of the special!

Only downside is the fact that my wifi connection kept acting up and my dad interrupting me while I was watching the special. Overall, I would love to see it again!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I watched it tonight & thought it was great! (For the first few minutes I was wondering who the pink Muppet in the cook's hat was . Then I found out his name was Gonger . I asked someone on one of the social networks when he came along when Furchester Arms was around .So that settled that. I should have asked HERE!! :embarrassed: ) I got teary eyed when Kermit sang "Being Green" The "Loaf Of Bread " song was a nod to Mr. Hooper , I think .
@Daffyfan4ever I also thought Leela was Gabi . So I'm glad I'm not alone.
It was good to see Linda, Whoever did Lefty's voice did a great job! ( Lefty didn't charge anything though....I guess he wound up in the clink for a few years for wanting to charge money for stupid little things ya know ...... :wink:)

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
That would be cool if he did though considering he was sort of the host of the show and has been a classic human ever since the days when Matt Robinson played him (or even Garrett Saunders) we should make a petition for that to happen.
Yeah; given most people didn't care for Joe (who is this guy again?) and that Matt Robinson originally introduced the world to SS back in '69, it truly is a surprise they didn't let Roscoe host.

There were so many Muppets & people there at the end that I didn't see Prairie Dawn! So someone clue me in!
She was in the group (all the way to the left) at the end.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
People saying Gordon should have hosted (and I hadn’t thought of that possibility before), I kept thinking Kermit should host (depending on whether Disney would have allowed that).

The PBS edit included those favorite moments spots (I wonder if those will be on the DVD, or even if we’ll get more of them, Amazon lists the DVD as 75 minutes and the confirmed bonus features don’t add up to 75 minutes). I guess the PBS edit technically brings in more clips from the show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wait! HBO didn't fill the full hour? Was it just a half hour/45 minutes on HBO. Just kind of curious about that.
HBO's ran 49/50 minutes ish, so this just threw in about 4 or so minutes more (plus those ad spots. I was watching the PBS Kids live stream, so I don't know what my normal PBS did). HBO's schedule is a little more loose than other channels - while certain programs do start on the hour/half-hour, very often they just start kind of whenever because movies (their main programming) aren't exactly a certain length.