Sesame Street Season 6 Episode 725 - Cookie Monster is in Charge of Hooper's Store

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 725 - Cookie Monster is in Charge of Hooper's Store
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

At Hooper's Store, David must quickly leave to help his mother fix the burst pipes. He asks Susan, Luis, and Big Bird to cover for him, but they are all unable. Reluctantly, he lets Cookie Monster look after the store, making him promise to not eat any of the cookies. Trying to divert his attention from the cookies, Cookie demonstrates how the cash register works. Although he is hungry, he remembers his "Monster's Honor" oath to not eat the cookies, but not anything else. He eats the cash register. Then while playing "Three of These Things", he eats the frying pan, electric mixer, and toaster. He counts the stools, but then he devours them. To avoid the cookies, he eats more items in the store. When David returns, Cookie Monster requests a cookie since he kept his monster's honor.

1975 | 59 MIN

Please note, this is the first time this episode has been commercially released since it's original broadcast.

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

If you've seen "Cookie Monster is in Charge of Hooper's Store" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I gotta say, the scene where David returns to the store to find it in the state Cookie has it in is hilarious....maybe my favorite performance that Northern Calloway gave!

Do you have HBO Max?

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
@Phillip, thank you so very much for including the video page links for each episode. Just trying to google them wasn't getting it done for me, and on top of the recent crescendo of augmenting life challenges, I knew I had to solve this one while I still have enough of my mind. Do you, or does anyone else, know if more Season 1-10 shows are planned for rollout?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I saw this episode today, and I found Cookie's destruction of Hooper's Store very disturbing, as I hate seeing property destroyed in action, whether fictional or not. It's very surprising Cookie Monster never got punished for his actions, but i am sure he likely got his just desserts in a future episode, and it certainly wasn't a cookie.

I think Cookie Monster isn't just obsessed with sweets. He's obsessed with eating, period. At least he changed his lifestyle in 2005.

Last edited: