Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5306 - Bert’s Bike Time with Luis (Emilio Delgado Tribute)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5306 - Bert’s Bike Time with Luis (Emilio Delgado Tribute)
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, December 8, 2022
PBS Premiere: Monday, October 9, 2023

Luis and Ernie help Bert gain the confidence to ride his bike without training wheels after they break.

This episode features a street story from Season 45, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Riding a Tricycle"), Luis sings "Me llamo" (My name is...)", Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Corn"), and Elmo's World ("Wheels").

An onscreen dedication at the end of this episode says, "In loving memory of Emilio Delgado, our beloved Luis."

If you saw "Bert’s Bike Time with Luis" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I loved that they did an Emilio Delgado tribute episode. I'm pleasantly surprised that they aired a 4:3 bit with the original aspect ratio intact, but I'm a little worried that this'll make the Sesame Brats stronger.

I hope they do a Bob McGrath tribute episode in season 54.

ssetta

Reaction score
I was so happy to see that old insert with Luis. I didn't ever think they would show something like that again.

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
I was kind of surprised that something from more than 15 years ago made it onto there. Like an old, 4:3 segment.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised to hear about this. I was thinking they would have dedicated an episode to Emillio last season. And I was expecting this one to be dedicated to Bob McGrath. A little eerie that they planned an episode as a tribute to one former cast member and it just happened to premiere the week that another cast member passed away.

I hope they do a Bob McGrath tribute episode in season 54.
I saw a comment like this on the Toughpigs forum. I don't think it's that big a deal. Maybe if they showed something from the 1970s or 1980s.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
WAIT! They also put the same BG used in the dedication at the end to cover-up the black bars in the Me Llamo segment.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Bert’s Bike Time with Luis" premieres on PBS this Monday, October 9. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 53 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It was great to see a 4:3 segment in its original aspect ratio for the first time in years. The dedication at the end of the episode was very nice.
Yeah, that's one good thing about when cast members pass. We get these nice tributes. It's definitely rare that they go as far back as season 37 for an insert like they did here. Now it seems like they are doing one for Bob later this season. (I guess most people here had already seen it, but I still haven't set up Max yet, so recall I'm quite a few months behind.)

Then it makes one wonder if they could have done that with Mr. Hooper back when he passed, but of course the show was different then. I just wonder about that, because I think of all the cast members and people who worked on the show over the years and Mr. Hooper was really the only one who's death was really mentioned on the show. Maybe it's because the writers didn't want to keep using the sane storyline over and over again.