Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5035 - Let's Go Camping

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5035 - Let's Go Camping
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 11, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday April 19, 2021

Chris and Elmo are excited to be camping in the woods! All kinds of animals join Chris and Elmo for the camp out. After Chris finds the right kind of food for each animal, they all eat dinner together. Elmo and Chris both agree they should have a sleepover like this every night.

This episode features a street story from Season 40, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Singapore), Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Veterinarians") and Elmo's World ("Habitats").

If you saw "Let's Go Camping" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
This is also the last episode of SST to air on TV first.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
This street story is OLD. I didn't know they even repeated stories from this far back

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Oh yeah, true! So this is a somewhat unremarkable, but historic episode
Yup. So like Everyday Magic (last hour-long episode), this one will have to go in the SST history books.
Coincidentally, they’re both season finales with the same NOTD.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Landmark 50th season" might be the weakest they've done. Last season felt weak because they were doing the whole "plan the play" thing and nothing came off as a "story." Now they had the oppertunity for stories and they were mainly lousy. And don't get me started on the lack of Ernie, Bert, Telly, Prairie, etc.

And like, where were the Foodie Truck bits? I guess they didn't shoot any new ones, but every episode had one of the Abby shorts instead.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I seriously think this was the only season where I can't think of a single memorable song. There were maybe two decent street stories (the first episode, and the one where Charlie is mentored by The Count), and that's about it. The lack of character variety was glaring. Even Cookie seems like he was pushed to the side somewhat (and again that might be because there were no new Foodie Truck bits). The road trip segments were disappointing, especially when compared to Big Bird's far superior travel segment from the 90s. Just, overall, meh. I may stop watching new episodes beyond a few segments here and there that might pick my interest. Other than that i'm done expecting anything from this show until they change the format again. Hopefully the show doesn't somehow manage to get dumbed down even more by then.

Last edited: