Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4724 - Father's Day

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4724 - Father's Day
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 17, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday June 11, 2018

It's Father's Day and Rosita's friends help her make a video message so she can tell her dad how much she loves him. Guest: James Cordon.

This episode features an all-new street story, Cookie's Crumby Pictures ("Star S'mores") and a new Elmo's World ("Father's Day").

If you saw "Father's Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Pretty sweet episode. It's nice to see Prairie get such a prominent role again. And they very lightly touched upon Rosita's dad being in the army; I didn't think they'd acknowledge those developments on the show.

Cute bit with James Corden too. Not often Grover's not the dumbest one in the room.

Okay, this whole "themed show" thing can work, but only if they actually adhere to that. "Star S'mores" having one brief moment involving a dad doesn't exactly mean it fits the theme. Same goes for when they used the Wizard of Oz spoof as part of their "opposites" theme when only one section pertained to that. Why not use the Clash of the Titans spoof, where Cookie's goal is to meet up with his father? Or, not use another format piece and find short segments/songs about dads or families in the library?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I felt like this episode was something of a throwback to 3832, where Prairie kept wanting Rosita to take pictures of her with her camera: doesn't take much for Prairie to hijack someone else's project(s). I liked the detail that Prairie's camera is a GoPro, as well as Slimey blinged out for his rap. Am I imagining things, or does it sound like Abby's voice was deeper in this episode?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was very good. It was nice to see Prairie for the first time this season. Also it's nice to see Rosita's dad Ricardo for the first time on the show. Prairie's voice sounded so cute during the song. Slimey was hilarious. The bit with James Corden was funny. We finally met Mr. Noodle's other brother and also his dad. During the Smartie segment, they showed how some kids have two dads. That was pretty groundbreaking.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Cute bit with James Corden too. Not often Grover's not the dumbest one in the room.
Yeah. I noticed that too. He seems to have wised up there.

This episode was very good. It was nice to see Prairie for the first time this season. Also it's nice to see Rosita's dad Ricardo for the first time on the show. Prairie's voice sounded so cute during the song. Slimey was hilarious. The bit with James Corden was funny. We finally met Mr. Noodle's other brother and also his dad. During the Smartie segment, they showed how some kids have two dads. That was pretty groundbreaking.
Yeah. Steph really had a chance to shine as Prairie in this one.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hm, it just occurred to me that Prairie might be one of the only characters that we don't know much about her family. Maybe that's the reason she hijacked Rosita's video, because her father isn't around.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Father's Day" premieres on PBS this Monday June 11. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.