Sesame Street Happy Meal in New Zeland and Singapore!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Okay Guys,

In my never ending quest to find out more about the upcoming McDonalds Muppet Show 25th Anniv. Happy Meal, I stumbled across this info about a recent New Zeland Happy Meal promotion.

Apparently there were 12 Sesame Street plush toys released in New Zeland recently. Here's the blurb I found on the web:

The latest promotion in New Zealand is a set of 12 small Sesame Street plush toys. Characters featured in the set are Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Snuffleupagus, Grover, Oscar, Elmo, Telly Monster, Cookie Monster, The Count, Zoe and Rosita. They closely resemble those released previously in Singapore and the Kelloggs promotion in the US. Pictures can be found on the official New Zealand McDonalds Website.
Does anyone have any pictures/info? I'm on a quest to find info on these now as well, and I am coming up short.

EDIT!!! This info seems to be very old, and from 2001. So it isn't very recent. Does anyone still have any info?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Nate Doggie,

I'm pretty sure these are exactly the same as the ones from Kelloggs in 2000. Very cool, but you may already have them lurking around.

I liked the Snuffy.

Quinnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Quin, I think you are right. I've actually found a bunch of pictures for Australian/New Zeland S.S. Happy Meals. I'm always surprised at how much S.S. is commercially marketed in stuff like Happy Meals overseas.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is not uncommon for an internation version of McD's to have toys much like Kelloggs. I remember reading a Happy Meal book, and saw pictures of a Darkwing Duck promotion that resembled the free figures given away in a box of Frosted Flakes.

Unless of course they put the wrong picture in there!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
It is not uncommon for an internation version of McD's to have toys much like Kelloggs. I remember reading a Happy Meal book, and saw pictures of a Darkwing Duck promotion that resembled the free figures given away in a box of Frosted Flakes.

Unless of course they put the wrong picture in there!
Nope, they didn't. Australia and some other countries did promtions to feature the Kellogg's PVC figures of Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, etc. Supposedly the figure has a McDonalds copywrite, but to me that isn't a big deal.