Sesame Street files available for download

bouchard

Reaction score
Okay I asked this over in the claasic SS forum and got nothing. Do SS episodes exist on the internet somewhere via p2p, torrent or whatever? I know that the muppet archive exists over on Mirc, but I've never seen anything for SS. If nothing like this exists, would anyone be interested in helping me create it? This would eliminate the need for all of the wasteful tape trading. Someone needs something, they can be directed to the d/l areas. I'm willing to trade episodes with those who don't wish to create digital format episodes and add my creation to the mix. I've got a tv tuner on my PC and I can do just about anything needed.

So, who's in?????

bouchard

Reaction score
Well, I've taken my first step in creating a complete SS digital library. I have available episode 1364 from Noggin' available for download through DC++. I tend to hang out in the cartooncartoon.no-ip.org hub. Anyone who needs this episode can d/l from me. I encourage everyone out there to create digital files of all of their episodes and share them via the internet as well. This will eliminate the trading process and we will all be able to enjoy the classic sesame street episodes! Once again, I'm willing to help anyone who wants to start this. :excited:

goshposh

Reaction score
how many gibs do you have to share to connect to your hub?

bouchard

Reaction score
The one I listed previously has a minimum of 20GB and this one has a 3GB minimum; moe.atlantis-network.net. When I'm in DC++ I'm in both.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
bouchard said:
I encourage everyone out there to create digital files of all of their episodes and share them via the internet as well. This will eliminate the trading process and we will all be able to enjoy the classic sesame street episodes! Once again, I'm willing to help anyone who wants to start this. :excited:
I already have begun doing this with recent Muppet TV appearances, I have a full professional editing suite on my Mac consisting of iMovie, iDVD, Final Cut Pro HD, DVD Studio Pro 3 and QuickTime Pro. I can import and export in pretty much any format. I've been E-Mailing footage of The Muppets appearance on Good Morning America out to people since I don't have a website to host video. If you need any assistance, feel free to E-Mail and or AIM me. I'm on DSL, so I can send and receive stuff quite fast. I don't have any SS episodes, but I do have a fairly good collection of other Muppet footage.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
what kind of quality is all this video in? is it all in low web quality? not DVD quality?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I have the originals stored in full quality DV, which is DVD quality. But I can take them and compress or convert into other formats such as QuickTime Movie, AVI, MPEG-4, Hinted Movie, 3G and FLC. I can also convert video to PAL.

bouchard

Reaction score
I have basically the same capabillities as Fish, but I encode all of my stuff in MPEG-2. It looks just as good as a DVD. Of course for internet purposes everything gets compressed.

Thanks for the offer Fish. I have a huge Muppet collection already, but I'm just looking for SS episodes. Most of the other Muppet stuff is available online in various places. We could try and consolidate the Muppet stuff too, but the 3,000+ SS episodes is daunting enough.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Quite true, if you want to consolidate the Muppet material after the SS project let me know, I'd certainly be up for it.