"Sesame Street: Coming Home" Airs Tonight (4/1/09)

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I feel like I've been pranked. The PBS website says the special will air as advertised/alerted by GW in this thread. And yet, my national affiliate's airing an hourlong program on theWashington D.C. Zoo; and the local affiliate has local/Spanish programming. :frown:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I was disapointed that the Muppets were not in it a lot. Greg, can you please tell Sesame Workshop to rerun it? The tape that I tried to tape it on messed up, and I'm ticked off!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I missed it too, but if the Muppets weren't in it that much, I wonder whether or not it would be worth it to see it again. If it is rerun at anytime, please keep us posted.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I'm sure that if it did good they may put it on DVD soon.

Wiseman

Reaction score
liked it but missed something

I saw it and liked it. But If I remember the deployment special right, it was Elmo's father that went away. Now in the homecoming special Rosita's Dad comes home in a wheelchair and Elmo's Dad is still out there. What gives? Is he MIA, POW, or worse? They should have given some sort of an explanation.:confused:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and Elmo's Dad is still out there. What gives? Is he MIA, POW, or worse? They should have given some sort of an explanation.:confused:
Or it could just be his time away isn't up yet.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
I saw it and liked it. But If I remember the deployment special right, it was Elmo's father that went away. Now in the homecoming special Rosita's Dad comes home in a wheelchair and Elmo's Dad is still out there. What gives? Is he MIA, POW, or worse? They should have given some sort of an explanation.:confused:
i don't know what they've aired on tv, but this is the fourth in the series for military families. the first one was elmo's dad's deployment, the second one was rosita getting used to her dad in a wheelchair, the third one was elmo's family adjusting to life with elmo's dad back again and right when they get things back to normal he gets redeployed. so it sounds like it's picking up where it left off--what was the plot / lessons in this one? (i don't have a tv)...the first three are free on itunes--i hope they put this one up soon...

Wiseman

Reaction score
i don't know what they've aired on tv, but this is the fourth in the series for military families. the first one was elmo's dad's deployment, the second one was rosita getting used to her dad in a wheelchair, the third one was elmo's family adjusting to life with elmo's dad back again and right when they get things back to normal he gets redeployed. so it sounds like it's picking up where it left off--what was the plot / lessons in this one? (i don't have a tv)...the first three are free on itunes--i hope they put this one up soon...
Hmm, I guess I must have missed the seond and third sine I am probably the only person in NY who doesn't own an i-pod, and as far as I know they didn't air on TV. Now that you've given me the details about these two the other two, the first and the fourth fit together, it's hard to put a puzzle together when you are missing piees. (Where's my c key?)