Sesame Street: 40th anniversary Ideas

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I know it alittle early but does anyone have any good ideas of how the street should celebrate 40 years on TV ? :wisdom:

I have a few of my own.....

• Have Kermit the Frog host the show.
  • Make it a clip show, centered around certain characters.
  • Have a Subplot where the Elephant tries to make it into the movies.

• Have a subplot where Bert and Ernie break up their famous friendship and the SS gang tries to get them back together.

• Have a subplot where Abby gets Stagefright and through a musical Number with Kermit does she get over it.
  • Have Elmo meet Mickey Mouse, in 3-d.
  • Have musical numbers based upon famous SS songs with celebrities and the SS gang.
  • Make it a Banquet where some Old SS cast meets the new SS Cast.
  • Have the Adults and Pairie Dawn get mentioned within this one, because they live in the shadows of the other SS Cast.
  • Have :wisdom: come last, because he's the true Star of the show.
  • Mention the origins of the Show of how it got on TV in the first place.
That's all I got for now, but what Ideas do you have ?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think all of those ideas can be used in the same special. It would be too much, and there wouldn't be much room for any clips.

It would be great if there was a 40th anniversary line of merchandise: CDs, DVDs, games, books, and more. We know that there will be two 40th anniversary books. There'll probably be a 40th anniversary special, but it'd be grrrreat if there was both a television special and a direct-to-DVD special (that seems to happen with every 5 anniversaries). It'd also be great if there was an anniversary documentary, or a multi-part documentary mini-series (that way we'd be able to get a lot more clips and info without seeming rushed).

Hopefully there'll be a third Old School, but I'd also like for a four-disc colection of clips, with each disc focusing on a certain decade. I already posted a thread on such an idea, with a listing of the clips I'd want. Maybe there can also be 40th anniversary CD and DVD collections where the various releases focus on certain time periods. Not just "Old School Volume 3", but other types of things. I can't think of a good way to bring up such an example. Maybe the first album and Sesame Street 2 can be rereleased togetehr as a special two-disc set for the anniversary.

Maybe there can also be special anniversary DVD releases focusing on certain characters, maybe with skits from certain time periods. Recently I've thought of three ideas (though without the anniversary in mind): Ernie and Bert and Friends, Grover and Friends, and Cookie Monster and Friends, all being two-disc sets, with disc one focusing on the featured characters, and disc two focusing on others. I'll list my ideal contents later.

For a special, maybe Abby Cadabby can learn about what Sesame Street was like before she moved there. It may sound too much like the plot of The Street We Live On, but since Abby was introduced two seasons ago, at least there wouldn't (hopefully) be any continuity issues.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
For a special, maybe Abby Cadabby can learn about what Sesame Street was like before she moved there. It may sound too much like the plot of The Street We Live On, but since Abby was introduced two seasons ago, at least there wouldn't (hopefully) be any continuity issues.

Yeah and she can learn it all from :wisdom: scrapbook of memories.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
In response to my previous post I think That the idea of Abby learning more about Sesame Street, while seems repetive because it has been done with Elmo, does seems a bit better if it was done with :wisdom: due to his influence on the show's history.

Here's how it would be

Abby poofs in on Big Bird as he was looking at his old scrapbook, and together they view some of the Show's greatest Highlights over the years.

It would be a full hour show just focusing on the memories and flashbacks that Big Bird and various other SS characters had over the years, with little interuptions.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
  • Have a subplot where Bert and Ernie break up their famous friendship and the SS gang tries to get them back together.
I actually think this could be a perfect idea for a framing story for a 40th anniversary special! I've thought about ideas of a 40th anniversary special in the past, maybe a little later I'll post a plot summary for a special idea and see what everybody thinks.

muppet baby

Reaction score
i for sure think that there should be a 40th anniversery of merchindise for the show, that would really dumb not to do that . Tee shirts and dolls would be really great .

i sure hope that really do that . i would be buying it

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ellen On Sesame Street: Celebrating 40 Years of Feathers, Fur, and Fun!

Well, Sesame Street's 40th birthday is just around the corner, and since everyone is giving their thoughts of what the special might be like, I thought I'd add my five cents. hehe.

Ellen On Sesame Street: Celebrating 40 Years of Feathers, Fur, and Fun! is basically a story about Ellen DeGeneres' visiting Sesame Street, and taking the viewer on a journey to learn about Sesame's past.
.................................................................................
The scene opens up in New York City, and Ellen is seen trying to flag a cab. She tells the viewer she's going to Sesame Street. When she finally gets a cab, the cab driver turns out to be lovable Grover, who is filling in for his friend Big Tony:big_grin:. When Ellen asks him to take her to Sesame Street, Grover asks the question that has been asked for decades "Can You Tell Me How To Get To Sesame Street?" The Sesame Street Theme follows, with a similar montage like the 20th Anniversary special had.

Ellen arrives on the street, and as she is getting out of the car, Fat Blue gets in(not realzing who's driving). He asks the driver to take him to Charlie's Resturant, and Grover says "No problem, Sir!" Fat Blue realizes it Grover, and passes out in the back seat of the car!

Ellen walks by the stoop and sees Bob reading a book to Big Bird and the kids. She greets them, and Ellen asks Bob if he could sing that "special song." This leads Bob into singing "The People in Your Neigborhood." In the process, we meet all of Sesame Street's other residents: the bird(Big Bird), the monsters(Elmo, Zoe, Telly, Rosita, Cookie), the fairy(Abby), the bear(Baby Bear), the Count(Count Von Count), the grouch(Oscar), and the humans.

................................................................................

Well, watcha think so far? I'll write more later.