Sesame Place racism scandal

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Figures it’s trending on twitter. :rolleyes:

But in seriousness, looking at the body language, it’s really hard to tell when you can’t see facial expressions. The employee could have been spitefully saying “no” with that hand gesture (and if they were, shame on them), or they could have just been waving “hi” not knowing the girls wanted a high-five. I dunno, but I don’t want to just jump on the “THIS WAS RACISM!!!!!!” bandwagon because I feel it’s too easy to jump on that, at least not until more info comes out.

EDIT: Okay, now I see they’re shaking their head. So that does add something. However, I was also reading that it’s possible the employee thought the girls wanted a hug and said no in response. Again I want to see more info to this story before determining if it was racially motivated.

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Racism or not, whoever was in the costume should have either high-fived every kid or not done high-fives at all. There's no reason they should be excluding anyone.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don't think you can make any kind of judgement from a 9 second video clip. I think it's kind of crazy that it was trending on twitter or that a charge of racism was even made based on this.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To clarify, more videos surfaced of the same person in the Rosita costume ignoring black children.

So honestly, this could be racially motivated. It could just be a coincidence. At this point, it's hard to determine unless the person in the costume speaks up on the issue.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Alright, so it looks to be this was clearly racially motivated after all. A video recently surfaced of an employee dressed as Telly (I believe) literally purposely pushing down a young black girl on the ground. My heart sank watching it.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Rosita will be kept regardless. The person in the costume was probably fired (I at least hope).