Sesame Letters

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I was looking around the Sesame Workshop website yesterday and came upon a great Sesame Street Alphabet. Each block letter has a Muppet (or two) sitting on or leaning against it. They are meant to be printed out for kids to color. Here's the link:

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/sesamestreet/coloringpages/0,5903,4228,00.html

If that doesn't work, go to sesameworkshop.org, select Sesame Street, select art, then pick the first option (a black and white picture of Elmo). You'll get to the coloringing pages where there are numbers, shapes, the letters, and a bunch of Muppet pictures that can be printed out to make a coloring book.

Maybe everyone was already aware of these, but I think they're really neat.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool!

Wow, I didn't know those were there. Those are really cute. And there's so many! Makes me want to get out my crayons and get busy. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cool! They should have them all on one page though. That would look great.

Beauregard

scarecroe

Reaction score
I remember finding these a while ago and wondering when Kingston Livingston became a bigger character than Kermit the Frog. Gotta be the Kevin Clash factor.

Did anyone ever stop to wonder why Kermit is not featured ANYWHERE at the official Sesame Street website?

<Maria>"Visit Sesame Street on the Web at W W W dot SESAME STREET dot COM"</Maria> - can I have a nickel for every time I've heard that? I'd be rich enough to produce some quality Sesame Street DVDs.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Scarecroe

Originally posted by Scarecroe
Did anyone ever stop to wonder why Kermit is not featured ANYWHERE at the official Sesame Street website?
That bugs me. I assume it has to do with the complext licensing agreements surrounding Kermit-- since he is a Muppet-Muppet and a Sesame Muppet. But you'd think they could sort it out. I was rather disapointed to find Kingston on the K page. Kingston is nice and it is great to see less common Muppets featured, but Kermit would be a much better choice-- if the goal is to help kids learn the alphabet and assoicate the sound of the letter with the image, well, I know my daughter's Muppet vocabulary doesn't include Kingston Livingston, but Kermit was one of her first words.

(Parent moment: Yesterday I was reading her a story book and she pointed to a little mouse in the corner of one of the pages and said 'Rizzo!'-- it was so cute. Do you think I'm gunna get in trouble when she starts preschool and firmly insists that while cats say 'meow' and cows say 'moo,' all frogs say 'hi ho'? )

scarecroe

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter

Good points on Kermit over Kingston. I'd have to heartily agree.
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter (Parent moment: Yesterday I was reading her a story book and she pointed to a little mouse in the corner of one of the pages and said 'Rizzo!'-- it was so cute.
LOL! That's awesome! That is so darn cute.

If you have Billy Bunny's Animal Songs on tape (or Muppet Sing-Alongs: It's Not Easy Being Green), you know there's a song called "Frog Talk" (Ribbet - Croak - Nee-Deep - Croak - Ribbit). Although she knows the real Kermit when she sees them, I think she's convinced that all those frogs are Kermits! :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Scarecroe-- If you have Billy Bunny's Animal Songs on tape (or Muppet Sing-Alongs: It's Not Easy Being Green), you know there's a song called "Frog Talk" (Ribbet - Croak - Nee-Deep - Croak - Ribbit). Although she knows the real Kermit when she sees them, I think she's convinced that all those frogs are Kermits!
Don't have Billy Bunny, but we do have the sing-along. I don't know what she thinks about all those other frog noises. But she does have a pair of green pajamas she calls Kermit. They were on a shelf above her changing table and she kept pointing at them saying 'Kermie Kermie.' When I pulled them down to put on her, she looked at me like I'd just skinned Kermit.

So are you gunna get a second set of Action Figures for your little one? We're debating-- right now we are planning to get her a Kermit and Piggy but skip the others from the first series. I think we will get her her own Muppet Theater playset. I go back and forth-- it adds up so fast, but we won't be able to get them for her later and I don't want mine destroyed (she shared her yogurt with one of her stuffed Kermits the other day).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Cool!

Originally posted by Cindy Chapman
Wow, I didn't know those were there. Those are really cute. And there's so many! Makes me want to get out my crayons and get busy. :smile:
Well< I'd go with colored pencil, but that's just me! I loved the page! It was nice to see old characters like Biff and Sully and Mumford the Magician, plus other timeless favs like Bert and Ernie, Telly, Cookie, and Oscar! It's a shame they don't have "D is for Don Music" or a colorable SHerlock Hemlock, but It's just a fun page for old and new alike!