Serenading Unicorn

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
So I was on Sparknotes.com a few minutes ago (Because I "totally" read Catcher In The Rye for homework this weekend), and I caught a glimpse of a Juicy Fruit Gum campaign called, "The Serenading Unicorn." Here's the video channel on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SerenadingUnicorn

So, after putting this into Google, some website said that the Henson Company built the puppet. Does anyone know about it? I was surprised that Toughpigs or The Muppet Newsflash did not say anything about it. I also tried all sorts of "unicorn" searches on Muppet Wiki, but it didn't come up. Not that I'm not gonna sleep tonight or anything if I don't know, but can anyone give some more information about this, or say, for a fact, if Henson did this or not?

Have a good night, all. :smile:

~~AMC

(And I really DID read Catcher In The Rye. Just reviewing :big_grin:)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yup, it is the Henson Co. apparently; Allan Trautman was the lead puppeteer.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Oh, cool. Thanks! They're pretty funny videos, for anyone who hasn't seen them :smile:

spcglider

Reaction score
I find the art direction very interesting. They've purposely embraced an almost "cheesy" or deliberately low budget look. Its not the typical slick, totally buttoned down Henson Muppet look.

But then again, the Henson Company is trying all manner of things recently to differentiate their new puppet work from the Muppets proper.

-G