See Jim Henson’s Puppet Improv Company Live in Hollywood!

BEAR

Reaction score
That stinks. I'm not afraid to say it but it sounds like Brian Henson is a real jerkwad. I kinda suspected so when I first saw him in the intros to the Best of the Muppet Show episodes. And then again in the interview on the Muppet Christmas Carol. I can't believe Jim Henson was his father.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Are you starting to have doubt about this origination Bear?

cyberroo

Reaction score
I've actually been pretty impressed with Brian Henson at the many events he has participated in recently, as well as a few "only in LA" random sightings. We were actually remarking about how he seems to be turning into his father.

As for the filming, two notes. First, is that tapings are inherently oversold. It's just a fact of life. We waited a couple of hours as well. In that case, I'd suggest that you be upset with the ticket promoter rather than Brian. And, frankly, it's in the best interests of the show and the company to have celebrities/Hollywood-types/investors/agents... in the audience, rather that fans.

Back to PuppetUp, we really enjoyed it. I don't know how commercially viable it is, but it was definitely entertaining.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Are you starting to have doubt about this origination Bear?

What I guess I mean is how I am being reminded how much Brian Henson is nothing like his father.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe they just need someone who cares about the Muppet's, because obviously he does not seem to much at all.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Maybe they just need someone who cares about the Muppet's, because obviously he does not seem to much at all.
before you post something like that , perhaps you should understand that the henson company does not own muppets these days.So they can care as much or as little as they want , and Disney will do what they want to do regardless,

SJohnson

Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned quite a bit in the forum, but I just wanted to remind everyone that Puppet Up!, Jim Henson’s puppet improv show opens at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival one week from tomorrow. There will be two shows, one for adults only and one for the whole family. If anyone goes, I’m sure we would all love to hear your thoughts on the show.

For tickets and other information click here: http://www.edfringe.com/shows/detail.php?action=shows&id=JIMAD

and here:
http://www.edfringe.com/shows/detail.php?action=shows&id=JIMKI

Also the Puppet Up! Muppet Wiki page has grown quite a bit over the past couple of weeks, check it out: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Puppet_up

rurulesunc

Reaction score
So Sean are you going to do any other performances or were you just in on the one in LA? (Great job btw)

Starlancer

Reaction score
O man BEAR that is so obvious and i couldnt even think of it, ha, but that is a good idea.